Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old May 1, 2007, 1:51 PM   #31

ha ha ha seen a site for 500.00 o i gave up if not available, as Amazon is the biggest site to start a selling of an item
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2007, 2:38 PM   #32

To be honest, if the video is nearly as good as the Sanyo HD1/2 cameras, then I really don't care if it sucks in low light, as it's less than 1/2 the price and I do most of my videoing in the day anyway.

Of course the video may still be a let down whatever the light, but let's not forget that the Aiptek cameras until recently were generally much less than half the price of the Sanyo's yet the video certainly isn't bad considering the price difference, so I have reasonably high hopes for the Aiptek High Definition camera.

While the video on my Sanyo C40 is definitely an improvement on my Aiptek MPVR, I wouldn't say it's twice as good. Of course the C40 can now be had for just under $200 but it used to be twice that price.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2007, 3:08 PM   #33

reading some info

you can use a number of O.S systems?

Lower O.s. will support the hybrid regular and lowest vid quality? while the newer systems all 3 ?

No sharpness controls are given, and no av input, the av input was replaced with the hd output jack, and the EAR BUD with the TV playback?

Guess what that means NO MP3 player?

score one for FISHYC to pick up on that?
Old May 1, 2007, 5:37 PM   #34

Yea, I kind of miss the av/in jack. Used the heck out of it on the MPVR. I would have liked to have hooked up an external b/w camera for night video recording of wildlife, so I guess thats out of the question. I dont even use the MP3, so no big lose there. But I would gladly trade the av/in jack for awesome video.
jaggermax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2007, 7:21 PM   #35

i give up the mp3, pic framing I do not know about the av input. and sub it for

sharpeness controls, I preferre av input on the device.
Old May 2, 2007, 7:28 AM   #36

I won't miss an av-in jack. I'd much rather use the HD-out jack to plug into my HD-TV's and watch that glorious HD video.

Color me much excited for this cam!

Xphyle
xphyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2007, 8:28 AM   #37

Let's just hope they haven't messed it up with oversharpened video or some other flaw.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2007, 10:55 AM   #38

I'll let you know tomorrow when I get mine from Buy.com. I'm cautiously excited. Aiptek has a rep for overpromising and underdelivering. So I'll be sure to look carefully at the video quality, lip synch, motor sounds when using the optical zoom, mic/sound quality and all that other stuff. Still, I'm totally stoked about the h.264 compressions. That will allow great quality at REALLY SMALL file sizes. Anyway, keep your fingers crossed.

Xphyle
xphyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2007, 3:23 PM   #39

well there are three threads opened and we'll just close a few?
Old May 2, 2007, 3:41 PM   #40

recieved reply all testers are in house, n outside help so when reviewing it is up to the Purchaser to decide on keeping and returning. good luck to all who buys..........