Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Mar 25, 2007, 3:59 AM   #1

Hi,

Currently a generally satisfied user of the Yakumo 482, I am thinking of buying myself the new Aiptek Z300HD featuring an amazing 1280 x 720 video resolution. I've got a somewhat basic question to ask: I view the videos on my "old but good" Sony Trinitron CRT TV (non-HD, of course). Now, would the Z300HD's resolution enhance video playback quality even on my TV? And, as this would entail defecting from the CCD camp and joining the CMOS camp: How do CCD-non HD and CMOS-HD compare (as I "used to" believe in the superiority of CCD)?
Leopold Bloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 26, 2007, 11:12 AM   #2

I am guessing this is an unofficially anounced new Aiptek as I can't find it on any of their websites although I see references in German via google. Sounds an interesting new model. Are there any sites with details in English?

I also noticed that Aiptek seemed to have updated the layout of their websites. Also the PVR seems to have been dropped from the USA website and Bestbuy finally it seems.

rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2007, 10:30 AM   #3

http://www.aiptek.de/index.php?optio...amp;Itemid=226

Theres the official specs on Aiptek's website along with several photos and a 3d viewer.

Xphyle
xphyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2007, 1:25 PM   #4

now they did it, they ruined the design? or did they cannot swap internal parts out ? LOL

mz-dv may be its clone? this was a las vegas navada CEN show stopper calling this a or the 1st hd model?

now again overseas has the upper hand and to answer your question?

it is to keep up to date with the tube may have a signal or ratio problem?

When I watch hdtv on cableand I am not on hdtv I can view with all the boarder in black? I think you'll get the same a smaller video
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2007, 2:56 PM   #5

I don't know, I'll believe it when I see it. Aiptek, while adequate, has a habit of overpromising and underdelivering. The last cam I had from them promised S-VHS quality, and it was nowhere near. But having owned several hybrids right now, I know what to expect quality wise. My current cam is a Samsung SC-MM10s which has a 10x OPTICAL zoom, 512 MB of internal memory and does 720 x 480 video at 30 FPS. So if Aiptek can substantially improve on that then I'm sold. What the heck.

On HUGE THING for me about the new Aiptek, is that it records in h.264. AWESOME. Best codec ever. That's the compression method used by HD-DVD. Rock on.

Xphyle
Old Apr 3, 2007, 3:18 PM   #6

I wonder how much it will go for. If it's under $200 then this will defintely be worth a look

What's with the 352x288 mode?

Also I notice that they still have that stupid battery cover! I dislike that cover. Sometimes, if you put the device in your pocket or a flip top case, and take it out, quite often the cover will come off.

Consider how many models are using the same design, I am assuming they could only afford to get the case designed once :G

Old Apr 3, 2007, 3:27 PM   #7

rgvcam wrote:
Quote:
I wonder how much it will go for. If it's under $200 then this will defintely be worth a look

What's with the 352x288 mode?

Also I notice that they still have that stupid battery cover! I dislike that cover. Sometimes, if you put the device in your pocket or a flip top case, and take it out, quite often the cover will come off.

Consider how many models are using the same design, I am assuming they could only afford to get the case designed once :G
Yeah, I noticed that too. You'd think with a high end model like this they could afford a nice re-design, but I guess swapping out the guts is what allows them to keep the price low. On the other hand, cosmetically, it will have the same problems as all the other ones, although I've not used any so don't know of any complaints right off the bat. But I think that's also a negative. I saw it beside all those other models and say to myself, "It just one of those junkier models with different insides." Time will tell I suppose.

Xphyle
Old Apr 3, 2007, 4:24 PM   #8

Notice the zoom in/out switch, it is not a mouse, that is a plus b/c it is 3x optical zoom

downside is notice the reco and still buton, the center mouse? that will be what I hate

try getting yor thumb correctly over the record button? the mz-dv and other models do the same, may hit the center mouse button

if the vid quality is better I say the hybrid runs around 229.00

the mpvr never made it to 199 in a store, but at Aiptek it did? dropped down to 169 in the near range

notice the ifference in the mz-dv a black or gunsmoke top while the t300 hd has silver
Old Apr 4, 2007, 10:12 AM   #9

Well all I can say is that I look forward to the first test clips from this device to see how they look.
Old Apr 4, 2007, 1:14 PM   #10

I will be looking foward to musteks new relese if they do?