Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jul 4, 2007, 1:27 AM   #11

Please post some video?
elsu_fin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2007, 1:23 PM   #12

I would love to post some video's but I am too embarrased because of the poor outdoor quality of the SVP HDDV-8800. Compared to the GO-HD, at the same resolution, the SVP doesnt have a chance.

The 8800 is a fixed focus cam and the digital zoom only makes the picture at the long end fuzzy. The placement of the mic at the bottom of the grip is a poor design as your little finger gets in the way. When it is out of the way, the sound is acceptable. To video, your hand is at an uncomfortable angle or you need a long thumb to get to the zoom control.

The fixed internal 1300mAh battery may be an issue if you video for long periods, you will have to find a PC or AC adapter to recharge.

Where this cam does beat the GO-HD is in low light and short distance. I am using a 4GB SD card without any problems.

At a distance of 5 meters, a vehicle reg plate is not sharp and twigs in a tree are not sharp. I have contacted SVP with a view of returning my cam for inspection.
hensberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2007, 2:46 PM   #13

do not be , just post them
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2007, 4:00 PM   #14

Please post videos and stills for the 8800!

All cameras have some short commings. This forum helps point out the "good, bad, and ugly" of hybrids. Videos (with and without audio) and stills help in showing all three.

Old HACer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2007, 1:46 PM   #15

I agree.. We aren't critiqueing somebody's photography skills as much as we are the camera's quality. And with these types of cameras, it is very difficult to find any real-world sample pics and videos. All you can do is read what the manufacturer tells you. They won't even give you any samples on their own websites.
adric22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2007, 1:29 AM   #16

I want to upload comparative pic's & vid's of the GO-HD vs the SVP but am having dificulty getting Myspace to register and Youtube and others are blocked by Surf Control and trying to upload videos over dial-up is a waste of time & effort. But will persevere! Are there and other free space sites you can recommend?

From the instructions and playing with the SVP, in camera mode, 1M to 8M can be "zoomed" but not 10M & 12M. Although the CCD is 6M, the instructions say the resolutions are VGA and from 1M to 12M "interpollated". It might just be the translation to Engrish.

In low light, there is no improvement in quality between QFE, VGA & D1, just the increase in file size. It may be my dud camcorder (one week old!).

I will try make up an "Eye Chart" at a distance of 5 or 10 meters and do comparative tests with the GO-HD and SVP and get them uploaded for comment.

Old Jul 24, 2007, 4:34 AM   #17

megaupload.com if you want to Dl let all worry boutt he rest?

also Viddler.com upfodown.com
Old Jul 24, 2007, 9:56 AM   #18

Fishycomics

Viddler got my vote! Thanks.
Old Jul 24, 2007, 2:12 PM   #19

They're a great site 640x480 flash? I know I loaded over the limit, and love it

I find it very user friendly now before it was just a lildifficult now a good choice
Old Aug 6, 2007, 1:21 AM   #20

I'm pretty sure the reviewer was talking about editing software, not viewing software. His biggest complaint was he could not import the files in to Vegas or other editing software he had. He found Ulead's editing too limited.

I have some more editing programs and will try them out as soon as I get the 8800 to review. I also have conversion prgrams too. It just may be a matter of a newer update needed. Dunno yet.
MorePixels is offline   Reply With Quote