Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old May 15, 2007, 2:39 PM   #101

Oh man, I cannot believe "only one" person Xphyle , has this hybrid?

I may need to pay him a visit?

by now, i would have had all the camera angles, videos, and stils and every scenerio up:G

Kidding big time?

1. 30 minute battery time? that is what I am after where did, or where did you find that info?

I understand during focusing (zooming0 on/off etc you lose power, the MPVR is the standard model, and can be compared to the size

Correct me Lil bigger than a pack of cards and slimmer than a pack of cigg's box?

2. lens cap cover for a 500.00 retail model get outta town? Poland springs bottle cap? I say you do not need a cover due to its already protected lens cover?

But hey that woud have led to extra snap on lenes Aiptek is not that smart?

3. tripod is located bottom front, and you'll have a lil difficulty opening the lcd, andremoving a battery, but hey a extention with a washer take care of that

lastely ah fogetaboutit :|
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2007, 2:49 PM   #102

According to my Costco purchase, mine should arrive 5/17.

Good point Fishy. Maybe I'm overanalyzing it - just hoping to settle on a good in pocket camera + dv.

Hopefully I'll have the time to upload dv and shots later this week.

dnakamura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2007, 3:49 PM   #103

I also ordered this camera from costco.com for $250 on Saturday, and it is supposed to arrive on Thursday. The price is great, no charge for shipping, and if you want to return it, you can just take it back to the costco store within 90 days.

I'll also try to upload some things this weekend. Let me know if anyone has any requests.
mcmullen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2007, 4:05 PM   #104

If only we had one down here, although I have heard rumors they may be building one at some point in the future. Of course I could order online.

I am waiting a little longer to see how the hidef market shapes up as I am sure others will be venturing into the cheaper end of the market soon.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2007, 6:49 PM   #105

Just ordered mine as well from Costco. Paid the extra $9 to have it in a couple of days. This thread is huge but I only have one question (for now); I know it requires a 2.4 GHz processor to run this but will I have any problem just storing the files on my computer to offload the card? I hope not! Thanks and looking forward to seeing what it can do. Tape is dead my friends!
ehansen007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2007, 7:45 PM   #106

So do you think this new camera from Aiptek is catching peoples attention? :lol:
Old May 15, 2007, 8:34 PM   #107

can someone upload some video shot in a dark room?
bigkajamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2007, 1:38 AM   #108

Hi guys, I have been watching this thread for a while.

I finally pulled the trigger over the weekend and ordered the go-hd through circuit city.

Guess what, when I came home from work today, the package was sitting on my porch.

Here is what you get:
Attached Images

video_junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2007, 4:34 AM   #109

Wow I am pretty blown away by the quality of video this unit produces. Makes me very upset that Aiptek produced a clunker like the MZ-DV which I returned recently. Perhaps i will be GoHDGuy in the future ...

Question for xphyle: Did they change the crappy design of the battery door/memory compartment cover? On my MZ-DV I was afraid to take it off too many times, because it felt like it would get loose very quickly!
mzdvguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2007, 10:08 AM   #110

mzdvguy wrote:
Quote:
Wow I am pretty blown away by the quality of video this unit produces. Makes me very upset that Aiptek produced a clunker like the MZ-DV which I returned recently. Perhaps i will be GoHDGuy in the future ...

Question for xphyle: Did they change the crappy design of the battery door/memory compartment cover? On my MZ-DV I was afraid to take it off too many times, because it felt like it would get loose very quickly!
Yes that was my feeling about the PVR. The video it produced was worse than the MPVR and IS-DV yet it was something they could have so easily got right and it would have been a great camera, but I guess it must have been a hardware design fault as they never came up with a firmware fix and just pulled it here in the USA. What baffles me is that the DV 8800 which is the same camera is still available elsewhere as is the MPVR+ which also is the same camera.

I also agree about that STUPID battery cover held on by one loose tab and would like to know if the GO-HD has that design as well. It wouldn't be so bad if the cover was horizontal but because they decided on a loose vertical design, it means that pulling it out of a case or pocket too quickly leaves it behind.

It is doubly annoying as you have to remove it to get to the SD as well instead of it being separate as on the IS-DV and IS-DV2. I guess they figure that you will use the battery up before needing to remove the card in most cases. Therefore they may as well put them under one cover.

I wonder if this in response to those reviewers who often complain on some devices that the battery cover is too difficult to remove? They could have designed it with some kind of locking mechanism at least. I imagine the design is for ease of manufacture, the fewer parts the better.