Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old May 22, 2007, 7:53 PM   #151

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
so if 8 of the members, out of the 21 and more, like to know, own previous or future purchasers, as a simple quest[ion]? lets be a lil paitient.
If you can put your request in a form of a detailed action, for example:

"Make a 30 second clip, in low light (60W light bulb or equivalent), of a 3 dimensional object with black and white diagonal lines, 5 feet from the light source, in an indoor room, panning slowly from a dark area, to the 3d object, and then to a dark area again"

would be so much more helpful than:

"Can anyone post a low level light clip?"

I'd be happy to try out specific requests.

P.S. My camera is going back soon for an exchange for the defective charging light (at least it's defective according to Aiptek tech support in the US -- I think it's a bug in the firmware and the exchanged one will exhibit the same symptom), so I won't have it until a new one is shipped.
mikews99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2007, 11:23 PM   #152

Would anybody with cameras that have applied the firmware patch, please like to film outside footage like in the first batch of clips? (meaning complex outside shots). Is that what you were asking Fishy?
Wayne12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2007, 2:19 AM   #153

Here are some videos and photos taken in low light - a 15watt floor lamp. There are examples with/without video light and enabled/disabled "Night Shot" mode. There's a zoom in and out example to emphasize the amount of noise the zoom lens motor creates - although there are no other sounds in this video so perhaps it should be compared with narration?

I also have other low light videos that I am impressed by but I didn't have a way to measure the amount of light in the room - just taken at dusk. Some have action (fast cars on a track). Let me know if anyone's interested.

http://www.filesend.net/download.php?f=34a65307437ee7183be0c3bd1b2ce803

BTW, I didn't upgrade any firmware. How do I check my fw version? Unit was purchased from Costco.com.

Thanks,
dnakamura

dnakamura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2007, 11:18 AM   #154

For a cheap CMOS device, those low light videos are not too bad. Certainly better than a certain previous Aiptek model. Sometimes though I think people are a bit harsh on the low light capabilities of these devices and expect too much. Remember even on a regular camcorder you need a video light for it to be really useful in low light situations.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2007, 1:00 PM   #155

Has anyonetried it with fast moving subjects? I am going to the F1 US Grand Prix next month and wondering if this will be a good, inexpensivechoice for the hi-speed, detailed action.
lumpster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2007, 1:17 PM   #156

nathanst1
why i asked such a thing
the mpvr lens may be a lil different in filming as with another model called the Ispan 920 they have wide angle lenses some may film a few more inchs then others.

that was on my mind if the go was any different. size height does not matter it was the width of the video
like i say. I had a weird day when I thought of this LMAO

RGVCAM, yes some people are saying the Low light has been addressed and corrected? and further down the road , we'll get our hybrid to the T? 30 minutes of video I shall wait

Lumster , excellent question, I would love to see some F-1 cars on this hybrid . oops sorry you wanted someone to film one for you..
It is best to buy and return, the shutter is not for sports but can capture fst moving objects , and may or may not be the best lets hope someone will post a vid
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2007, 3:27 PM   #157

see postwaterproof container

Here is a challenge for those who can get their hands on one LMAO, good luck thought i place in here as it is a topic where all are intrested in the go-hd, take it one step further , underwater.....
Old May 24, 2007, 12:29 AM   #158

More awake, I have re-read the little colored forum text on my screen. I take it that you are talking about the many clips already taken of low light/outside versus various requests, but still an bit unclear past that Fishy? My subject was does the FW upgrade improve the picture, and if anybody had any footage of it.

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
As I read throug¬* the clips so far:

Members own;

xphyle¬*dnakamura¬*mcmullen¬*ehansen007¬* video_junkie¬*MmmmJoel¬*mcmullen

mikews99

members ask or reply

¬*

¬*rgvcam¬*Old HACer¬*defense4212¬* SPOFF¬*Kasta¬* Piterplus¬*ObjectAgnosia¬*timmeh

harold1066¬*Klayer¬*hartiberlin¬* bigkajamma¬*Wayne12¬* 93hd¬*JohnyB
ssiu¬*mzdvguy¬*dbg¬*FrodoNRW¬*

1 as member I guess¬* we ask; and it may be very hard for you or some to do :G

so if 8 of the members, out of the 21 and more, like to know, own previous or future purchasers, as a simple quest? lets be a lil paitient.

¬*we already have sample shots. most important are of low light? and pictures ? all I can say is keep up the good work, and glad I own the MPVr

Old May 24, 2007, 12:51 PM   #159

Wayne just pointing out how many people own the model?
firmware upgrade is best talked to Aiptek support? if you ask me? those who request the firmware and not from the support allow Aiptek to collect your hard earned cash, and walk away with it scott free.......
what most firmware does isfix an issue and what issue is it that we have, we do not know, but when the Aiptek IS-DV came out they placed a report from the day it was released to the fixes it had.? there is a link, of this in the thread.......
Old May 26, 2007, 1:17 AM   #160

Sorry Fishy, your message was an bit cryptic, and this one is a bit cryptic too.

I was talking about the possibility that the firmware upgrade that people already downloaded, could be an enhancement to the image. The problems that might be enhanced, is the diagonal edge problem that appears in only one direction, that has been noted, and maybe just complex image compression handling (like outside) which is tough on this low bandwidth.