Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jun 5, 2007, 1:58 PM   #201

Based on the good reviews of this forum, I ordered the GO-HD from CircuitCity. If I keep it, I'll sell my Panasonic SV-AV100. I love camcorders that record to SD cards, and I'm sure that the GO-HD will have a lot better picture than my old Panny.

I'll miss the great OIS and the 10X zoom of the Panny, but getting HD footage will be worth it!
s2000fsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2007, 2:39 PM   #202

yes it be worth it

so far it has

a sd card issue if a certain sd card isused it will cause freezing?

battery life under 1 hr?

three types of cards sd sdhc mmc
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2007, 6:57 PM   #203

I am using a 8 GB SDHC, try to stick with class 6 if you buy one - these have the highest data transfer rate. The class 6 transfers at about 6 Mbps and this is more than enough for this camera.

The Go-HD uses H.264 compression to achieve a 4.5 Mbps data rate, so if you get a "cheapie" SD card that only goes at 2 Mbps the video will freeze.

Watch the lithium ion heat from the battery. I am getting in the habit of taking mine out when charging. I think it is because they ship with "cheap" batteries - there are two of them. My preference would be to avoid the heat issue with these - similar to the notebook battery fiasco.

Overall, I am pleased. Video quality is excellent. Sound is another matter - if you film in a quiet room you will hear every button click and zoom motor noise there is. Under normal conversation mode it is fine, voices or noises in low frequencies tend to be accentuated.

Love mine.
kculp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2007, 8:42 PM   #204

To be fair to Aiptek, the noise issue is a problem with a lot of camcorders. The Sanyos sometimes have this issue and I have read a lot of complaints where Canon miniDV (and some other brands but mainly Canon) camcorders pick up the tape mechanism so it's not just a case of a cheap camera.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2007, 9:47 AM   #205

I bought the A-data class 2 card (I think mentioned earlier on this thread) and so far haven't noticed any problem that it might be two slow.
kech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2007, 12:36 PM   #206

1 I use the general sd cards, that are on the market. and the only slowdown I noticed was on the Polaroid. when playing bacok on the sd card, and reader,but when on the pc in the file?

2. as for noise I hear noise on the musteks dv 3500,4500 one is a slight click like a train wheel rolling,

the aiptek quiet and very sensitive to wind? aswell as others?

3 jvc camcorder I now hear noise but you know what who cares once sound is there you'll love it? the aiptek Is-dv on top of the hill catching the music of baltimor inner harbour off of federal hill, Priceles to me
Old Jun 6, 2007, 1:12 PM   #207

Hey about those batteries, are there any that can be bought that last longer and don't heat up so much?

thanks
dierker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2007, 1:23 PM   #208

dieker- sorry, I don't know but I just wanted to say that I've not had a heating problem whatsoever with my batteries - either during charging or during use. Perhaps I've haven't used it enough but I haven't noticed my batteries getting hot at all.

Also, I haven't had any problems with battery life yet although I charge it every night. I use the camera casually during the day with no problems. I was able to record a video on 1 battery for 56min straight - no video lamp, no zooming, just recording video ( not a lot of focus changes) and with some battery power left over.

If anyone finds a bigger / better battery let us know. Perhaps one could be 'manufactured'.

Question: has anyone found that the battery will run down if the usb cable is left plugged in and the unit is left on ( required for usb to work)? Mine runs down so I'm in the habit of not using usb to sync with card - I remove the card and use my SDHC card reader instead.

dnakamura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2007, 1:39 PM   #209

1. we're saying Aiptek taken a step backwards again, allowing a battery drain for usb sd card transfer, tehy did this with the 1st Stabilization hybrid the IS-dv andcorrected, and then the is-dv2

the mpvr, dvr plu are all 5vcd usb. not good

in the manual thehybrid will heat up a great hand warmer in winter time. gear zoomingwill wear the battery yes.
Old Jun 6, 2007, 1:40 PM   #210

1. we're saying Aiptek taken a step backwards again, allowing a battery drain for usb sd card transfer, they did this with the 1st Stabilization hybrid the IS-dv and corrected, and then the is-dv2

the mpvr, dvr plus are all 5 vcd usb. not good

in the manual the hybrid will heat up a great hand warmer in winter time. gear zooming will wear the battery yes.