Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jun 6, 2007, 8:30 PM   #211

Hi guys. Just got the Go HD today. My first HD Cam. Impressed with resolution and its sharpness. Looks really great on anything if you don't move much.

Sound is terrible, if you're in a room with no sounds it sounds like the tape is rolling really loud. Now if there are any sounds then you can't hear the darn noise but if its quet you'll get a static noise. Im not sure if its my camera or if everyone has this problem.

My question to you guys is how can I Edit the Clip . MOV files. I have Vista Ultimate 32 bit. And Movie maker only produces sound. No video. And Vegas 7e is opposite. Produces sound but not the audio. No audio. Anyone got a fix or know a way to get around it? Although now Vegas crashes as soon as i drag 1 of the files and closes, so can't get the file in vegas at all. I need a way to edit videos to cut only whats important.
tripleflip18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2007, 11:26 PM   #212

Hey, don't know what brand you've got, but the sandisk class:6 is 20 MB/S. Eventhe class:4 is 9-10 MB/S which is what i'm planning on getting.
dierker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2007, 2:09 AM   #213

TripleFlip18-

I'm using Vista Ultimate 32bit as well and find that movie maker works just fine for me - actually very impressive and fast. Here's what I did:
I uninstalled quicktime.
I installed quicktime alternative.
I installed whatever h264 codec from the AipTek CD.
I also modified my registry so that mov files now show a thumbnail in explorer and photo gallery - very handy.

Hope this helps.

dnakamura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2007, 9:13 AM   #214

Thanks - that is good to new that Vista is fast. Are the resulting files roughly the same size as the input files? I.e if you combine two 20 meg files is the resulting file about 40 meg? Womble works too (on XP), but the resulting output file is about twice the size of the input files and it is pretty slow.
kech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2007, 10:43 AM   #215

Looks like circuitcity has a price mistake on their GO-HD. Add it to your cart to see what I mean. This coupled with the AAA coupon will make it pretty cheap!
s2000fsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2007, 2:08 PM   #216

rather us guessing place it up?
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2007, 2:32 PM   #217

They price it at $256.99 which is on par with other sites so hardly a mistake and certainly not in bargain territory. $299.99 is just the full retail price. If they had priced it at $199.99 then it would get some attention for sure.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2007, 3:31 PM   #218

When I had placed it into my cart this morning, the price was $239 with the docking station - that's attrative and the lowest I've seen so far. Perhaps the savings is over.

dnakamura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2007, 8:18 PM   #219

Here is a torrent of sample videos

link to mininova: http://www.mininova.org/tor/739317

or download the attachment and remove the .txt extention
Attached Files
File Type: txt Aiptek_Go-DV_sample_videos _-mininova.org-_.torrent.txt (20.9 KB, 209 views)
shameless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2007, 8:36 PM   #220

Here is a torrent of sample videos

link to mininova: http://www.mininova.org/tor/739317

or download the attachment and remove the .txt extention
Attached Files
File Type: txt Aiptek_Go-DV_sample_videos _-mininova.org-_.torrent.txt (20.9 KB, 171 views)
shameless is offline   Reply With Quote