Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jun 12, 2007, 2:54 AM   #241

The Snapper Suit from B&H arrived today. I really like the waterproof case and the underwater video from this camera is great even in low light. The video is taken inside a small pond with several goldfish and one koi. The video looks great considering the time was at sunset with overcast and many shadows. I noticed when recording in macro mode, the camera focuses on the particles rather than the fish. When I get a chance I'll try to take some shots with more daylight.

http://www.filesend.net/download.php...8d94286156088b

http://www.filesend.net/download.php...f953b6ddaece80
93hd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2007, 12:52 PM   #242

I just bout a aiptek go Hd from Qvc here in the Uk Im very excited as its my very first ever camcorder,, I have used my sony cybersot to take the odd mpeg clip, but have always wanted a camcorder, so after seeing the demo on QVC and being impressed i took the plunge and have got this one.

I have wrote to Fishy comics on his youtube for some help as i have never used a camcorder before and dont know what to expect...

I would like to use my camcorder to take holiday movies when im visting the family in new york later in the summer, Though my camera comes with two batteries im thinking of getting an extra two can i get these from best buy or costco..

Also what is the difference between mnaul and auto settings..

I would like to take some footage of me doing my favourite sport brazilian jiujitsu and taking some of the events through the year they say it has three settings a hd one a dvd qaulity one and one that you use for you tube and myspace.

Also what is it like for photos or whould i be better taking my sony 3mega pixel cybershort for pics.

Also can I edit my films using my movie maker on my vista pc or would you guys recommend something better as im a novice at this and you guys seem to know your stuff so i bow to your wisdom on this, any help would be very grateful thanks all.
zenmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2007, 1:02 PM   #243

I see that Walgreens has this for $250 + $5 shipping.

http://www.walgreens.com/store/produ...id=prod3347639

John

jsevinsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2007, 3:22 PM   #244

ze.... excellent choice and congrad's

1 win moviemaker does not accept .mov or mpeg2 , unless vista has today? I suggest a 3rd party like Ulead video studio 10 , some say they hate it due to bugs

2 battery , online will get you more than one at half price of a regular one, Bestbuy sells the battery at 39.99yes you heard me? :Gserious they do?

a spare on charge and in hand always help with fun , if you miss anything , drop your hybid off and I'll go film for you? I'll take you site seeing right back to the airport? JFK, or newark pick one? laguadia. well the water ison the tarpan(landing pad) just kidding:G

3QVC great find what was the price from them? and was the intro exciting, did they nmake sense, I now will look out for them?

[line]

Js..... great find
Wal-greens alright 250 plus 5.00 and sales tax not bad best yet you have the chance for the mp3 docking station? other sites excluded the docking ? a great steal still and 60.00 would make the hybrid 195 yippie..

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2007, 9:56 AM   #245

Ok had my Aiptek HD z300 today and so far its pretty good, there is some whiring when you auto focus, but its pretty good. havent tried it out in dvd qaulity mode yet. Just HD
Did skip on me once when i first started it but think that was more me, the files when straight over to my windows media player and they are great, but i downloaded a converter and when i converted the .mov file to dvd pal it didnt work.
The nice genteman fishy comics was very kind and helpful and sudgessted unleaded 5, but dont really know too much about converting and what is best Id like to put them onto cdr or dvds to play on the home player, but stll not suure how to do this. and how colpicated it is.
I'm thinking of getting nero 7 to make the discs, but not sure about how i go editing them is there like a good drag and drop programme that you just drag the item in and say ok would like that to be an avi file and click it does it, ormpeg or wma etc.
Thanks again and yes im this polite thanks all
brian

Old Jun 13, 2007, 2:13 PM   #246

Zeenmaster it is Ulead video suete 8se I have and recommend 10, never said5, that is alright?

.mov files to be burned as a dvd will be in a dv-avi format.

hd filming dv filming confusing us here?
Old Jun 13, 2007, 10:07 PM   #247

Dear fishy Comics,
As you can tell I'm about as technical on computers and camcorders as a beaver is on making pizza's....
I knew it was unlead something sorry ulead...I will get it right mate.
The camera is good though it does whirr a bit whne using the zoom, the optical zoom is pretty good havent really given it a good test as it was raining today. But the footage I took was very good mmm better than on my friends jvc grd camcorder.
There is a dvd qaulity so the man on tv said so tried the lower resolution see getting good at this, but it was a small sqaure and mmm qaulity was so-so.
I want to be able to edit my footage of my time on holiday so the ulead looks a good invetment thanks again mate.
best wishes
bri
Old Jun 14, 2007, 4:44 AM   #248

BZeen....

1 720P is awesome, and only works on the highest quailty res 16:9of the camcorder?

the 640 4:3 r es is not 720P or is it? and that will be a dianal tv, not widescreen?

If so the host ofQVC, hping to catch that airingI can see what he is talkingabout then I realy can comment?, the lowest res is best for youtube the middle is economy, the highest for your trip.

wished they had two settings /mov, avi Ulead is Just one of the softwares? wonder if Muvee4 will work need to confirm this as I have and says you need quicktime5 or higher to run?
Old Jun 14, 2007, 9:56 AM   #249

Considering how cheap memory cards are these days, you should always shoot using the highest resolution your camera is capable of and this applies to still images as well. Of course with still images, only use the TRUE resolution mode ie that of the sensor and NOT the interpolated mode. ie for the MPVR only use the 3MP mode and never the 6MP mode for instance, but at the same time, don't bother with the 1MP mode.

Once you have shot your video or taken your images, you can never increase the amount of information, if it was never captured in the first place. If you absolutely must used an interpolated size then this can still be done after the fact in software.

So with the Aiptek GO-HD I would just use the 1280x720p mode. After all you are far more likely to run out of battery before you use up your memory cards.

rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2007, 1:33 PM   #250

Hi,

I just received my Aiptek GO-HD from Costco yesterday, and I have to say that the picture quality is great. The problem I have is with the sound quality. I was aware of the mic picking up the zoom motor, but everytime I shoot a video the auto-focus noise is unbearable. I downloaded many sample videos for the Aiptek GO-HD but none of them sounded like this. I've uploaded a sample so that anybody that also has one can please tell me if its normal or mine is broken. Note that I did not use the zoom at all in this demo.

Wii.MOV

Thanks!.
gnulinux is offline   Reply With Quote