Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jun 14, 2007, 1:09 PM   #251

to all who would like to convert manyand merged many .mov lossless to one .avi file.

There is a nice program available under

http://sourceforge.net/projects/mp4cam2avi/

Works great. AVI generated can also be edited lossless by Virtual dub.

So no need to get Quicktime Pro anymore.

regards Martin
Klayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2007, 1:28 PM   #252

gnulinux-
Wow, that's really bad! Mine doesn't sound that loud at all. I'd get a replacement from Costco if possible...

dnakamura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2007, 1:44 PM   #253

dnakamura wrote:
Quote:
gnulinux-
Wow, that's really bad! Mine doesn't sound that loud at all. I'd get a replacement from Costco if possible...

Thanks- I'll give them a call today, but they're not listing the Aiptek GO-HD any longer on their site :sad:. Also, their shipping time is horrible.
gnulinux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2007, 2:03 PM   #254

gnulinux wrote:
Quote:
Hi,

I just received my Aiptek GO-HD from Costco yesterday, and I have to say that the picture quality is great. The problem I have is with the sound quality. I was aware of the mic picking up the zoom motor, but everytime I shoot a video the auto-focus noise is unbearable. I downloaded many sample videos for the Aiptek GO-HD but none of them sounded like this. I've uploaded a sample so that anybody that also has one can please tell me if its normal or mine is broken. Note that I did not use the zoom at all in this demo.

Wii.MOV

Thanks!.
Yes that is definitely defective.

This is one of the things I like about my Sanyo C40 is the focus lock although mine doesn't generate any noise to need it.It is handy thoughin situations where the autofocus keeps 'hunting'.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2007, 2:34 PM   #255

I was getting the same noise even when recording underwater.

gnulinux wrote:
Quote:
Hi,

I just received my Aiptek GO-HD from Costco yesterday, and I have to say that the picture quality is great. The problem I have is with the sound quality. I was aware of the mic picking up the zoom motor, but everytime I shoot a video the auto-focus noise is unbearable. I downloaded many sample videos for the Aiptek GO-HD but none of them sounded like this. I've uploaded a sample so that anybody that also has one can please tell me if its normal or mine is broken. Note that I did not use the zoom at all in this demo.

Wii.MOV

Thanks!.
93hd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2007, 2:58 PM   #256

93hd wrote:
Quote:
I was getting the same noise even when recording underwater.

Called Aiptek and they said to send it back to Costco. The good news is that Costco has it back on their site, the bad is that I'll have to wait another week.
Old Jun 14, 2007, 3:06 PM   #257

gnulinux

1. How long was your wait, Costco says 5-10 days to get the orderprepped, tne ship from there regular, and express would be 5 days to prep and then ship? if the warehouse was within a few states then it be fster, but if on the other end too long await , and agre with you on that.

2 as for the sound I had to reload my quicktime Pc's new recovery disk gave me a headache now

:Gconverted to hd quality WMV enjoy for those who have trouble watching quiktime. the wmv hesitates on my machine, at its highes setting.

I am going to load a lower setting and see if it has a steady sound for you?

2. Sounds like a gear is out of alighnment or defective for sure?

highest wmv quality http://rapidshare.com/files/37230798/wii2.wmv.html

lowest quality is the same slow, it is best to load to quicktime LOL
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2007, 3:26 PM   #258

I'm such an dumbass. In order to keep it "pristine" in case I had to return it, I avoided removing any of the protective plastics that it came with. It turns out that the mic was still being covered!!! I thought the mic was what it turns out to be the speaker (again, I'm a dumbass :idea: ).
Old Jun 14, 2007, 4:47 PM   #259

ow we all do that. due to the el cheapo of no lens cap but place plasticas protection ha ha ha

reminder to me remove plastic from mic:-)
Old Jun 14, 2007, 5:08 PM   #260

1. Aiptek has the MPVr and offered the Muvee4 with the camera, and arc converter? Did you know that Muvee4 will accept quicktime? And not very hard to use? Why would they not Include this into the pkg, unless muvee said no?

This Disk can Be found online in aiptek.com 's site and just a lil off topic news

here ye here ye look at this what are your thoughts as it is a h264 video

http://rapidshare.com/files/37250685/PICT0003.MOV.html

a dawggy world