Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jun 14, 2007, 10:00 PM   #261

I have a question for klayer you gave a url for a convertor, so I take it i could convert my.mov files to avi or wmv files etc using this but which one as there are two a binary and scource im confused and will it work on my vista.
bri
zenmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2007, 11:57 PM   #262

it is working on Vista.

The rest of your problems I do not understand. I just took the ZIP file, enzipped it and run the exe, no installation needed.

Programm can not be used for .wmv
Klayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2007, 9:06 AM   #263

Dear Klayer,
Thanks for your help by the way and everyone else, when i went to get the file there where two to choose from and im not sure which one to download one says i think brn the other scr i think which of the two do I download..
Also does it convert files to wma so i can use vista movie maker to edit them. thanks bri.
zenmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2007, 9:18 AM   #264

If you want to run the app, use bin (binary). If you want to delve into the source code, compile and then run the app, choose src (source) - if you're a programmer.

If you've using Vista, there's no need to convert if you're using "Quicktime Alternative". I can open mov files and create / modify videos in Vista Movie Maker, no problem.

Good luck!

dnakamura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2007, 1:31 PM   #265
tzm

After reading this thread, I ordered one as well but it is not here yet. I played with the clips uploaded by the gentleman first started this thread and found that Vista Windows Movie Maker does convert the file to 720p wmv. Nero Vision also converts to mpeg2 480p. I have a Modix media player that plays these files straight to my Sony 50" WEGA 720p set, and the quality is good on both. Strangely enough, I can't tell that much ofa differece between 720wmv and 480p mpeg2 on my set. Both look great, to my eyes, at least. As suggested by many, I installed K-lite and Quick Alternative. Looking forward to the camera!

Can anyone suggest a USB 2.0 SDHC card reader? I saw on Sandisk's website for $19.99. I assume it reads other SDHC brands as well? Your input is appreciated.
tzm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2007, 1:38 PM   #266
tzm

After reading this thread, I ordered one as well but it is not here yet. I played with the clips uploaded by the gentleman first started this thread and found that Vista Windows Movie Maker does convert the file to 720p wmv. Nero Vision also converts to mpeg2 480p. I have a Modix media player that plays these files straight to my Sony 50" WEGA 720p set, and the quality is good on both. Strangely enough, I can't tell that much ofa differece between 720wmv and 480p mpeg2 on my set. Both look great, to my eyes, at least. As suggested by many, I installed K-lite and Quick Alternative. Looking forward to the camera!

Can anyone suggest a USB 2.0 SDHC card reader? I saw on Sandisk's website for $19.99. I assume it reads other SDHC brands as well? Your input is appreciated.
tzm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2007, 1:53 PM   #267

Costco just dropped the price to $229.99 . I got mine a couple of days ago, but they had no problems refunding the difference.
gnulinux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2007, 2:06 PM   #268

I can confirm that! Called Costco.com and they refunded the difference. A sweet deal got even sweeter! :G
Outsider0506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2007, 2:43 PM   #269

So how Much is shipping in Costco, on this Item? hmm I wonder if it is a sweet deal?
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2007, 3:58 PM   #270

Is Class 6 SDHC mandatory? what would slower memory results be like?
capoeta is offline   Reply With Quote