Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jun 23, 2007, 1:23 PM   #331

then congrads and remember once foward in motion there is no going back til you contact aiptek.

I say this in a way b/c if you bypass aiptek, you allow another defect on the market.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2007, 9:42 PM   #332

Once you successfully download the 1.4 firmware on to the computer, how do you install it on the Go-HD?
kech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2007, 11:43 PM   #333

kech wrote:
Quote:
Once you successfully download the 1.4 firmware on to the computer, how do you install it on the Go-HD?
sorry if I sound like warning you? If you do not know do not attempt, worse case scenerio, calling aiptek for sending in camera for a bios reset,

format sd card and place in the hybrid it will go through its sd burn and be all set , once you do this you will be upgraded permently. format must be of a certain one if fat32 or other? that I now do not know b/c aiptek has these instructions.

hope that info isenough to get you started
Old Jun 24, 2007, 4:31 AM   #334

The Firmwareupdate-file includes a short manual. Following the description! But beware:
Each update contains a risko! But no risk no fun. :G
ferribaci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2007, 1:02 PM   #335

Long time lurker, but I've never registered till now. I love the Go-HD, but the focus lag annoys me a bit, so i decided to download the firmware update...

While the Go-HD was plugged in I formatted the card FAT32, then copied the .bin file, but when i press and hold the video record and upper left button nothing happens. No luck. Did you press any other buttons? I am currently firmware 1.003
Type2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2007, 2:30 PM   #336

Type2 wrote:
Quote:
Long time lurker, but I've never registered till now. I love the Go-HD, but the focus lag annoys me a bit, so i decided to download the firmware update...

While the Go-HD was plugged in I formatted the card FAT32, then copied the .bin file, but when i press and hold the video record and upper left button nothing happens. No luck. Did you press any other buttons? I am currently firmware 1.003
One Must wonder?

I think when I did the mpvr I held the menu and record, it goes into a sd burn, it has been a long time since I did this?

what does the word instructions say?
Old Jun 24, 2007, 4:58 PM   #337

1. Take a SD card and format it to FAT format by PC.

2. Copy the attachment "hydam_z5x.bin" to SD card (SD card only. Z5X does not support MMC card)

3. Insert the SD card to Z5X and turn on the camera.

4. Press the MODE button to enter the Mode Main Menu window.

5. Press backward button (first button on the panel upside) and Video record button together for 2 seconds to start the F/W upgrade procedure.

6. The LCD Display will show" Please wait", and the blue LED will glimmer for a few seconds. (around 30 sec).

7. When the process is complete, the LCD Display will show "FW Update OK", then restart the DV to check the FW version.

How to check the F/W version?
  1. Turn on the DV.
    [/*]
  2. Press the MODE button to enter the Mode Main Menu window
    [/*]
  3. Press the backward (on the panel upside) and Mode button two buttons together to check the F/W version.
    [/*]
ferribaci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2007, 5:23 PM   #338

Ferribaci:
Thanks, but i have tried that. In fact, you just copied and pasted what is in the instructions so that wasnt too helpful, but i appreciate it nonetheless! Here's what i'm curious about - are FAT32 and FAT are two different types of file systems? I cant remember. Nevertheless, the drop down menu in the format screen only allows me to format in FAT32. I can check the bios version just fine on my Go-HD, so i am pretty sure i have the procedure down pat. ALSO, and maybe this is the problem, my SD card reader does NOT read my 8gb SD card, so maybe i should use my 512 card and see if that works. I formatted the card while it was IN THE CAMERA, so maybe that is the problem right there. Just for the record, did you format in FAT or FAT32? Thanks for your help Ferribaci!
Type2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2007, 5:37 PM   #339

the file is ony 8 meg the most and you do not use the hybrid LOL
Old Jun 24, 2007, 6:16 PM   #340

I formatted my card in the camera also and don't have a reader so does anybody know if the camera defaults to FAT format?
kech is offline   Reply With Quote