Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jun 25, 2007, 2:10 PM   #351

I saw Fishy's excellent video on the aiptek hd go on you tube last night, I have just sent for Ulead 11 to help me convert my movies and edit them. I just wanted to know how everyone is getting on with the go hd and if anyone has started to edit stuff usuing ulead 11 and what do they think of the hd on the aiptek, and what do you think the drawbacks are.
zenmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2007, 4:46 PM   #352

UPDATE: Firmware upgrade 1.4 completed successfully.

KEY: You must format an SD Card that will allow FAT, NOT FAT32. My 512mb SD card worked perfectly for this. I think anything over 2gb cannot be formatted in FAT.
Type2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2007, 9:43 PM   #353

Thanks all for your directions on this firmware change. I got it to work after following all your excellent instructions. I had a 8gb sdhc card that was formatted as fat32 and it worked great to put it in the root directory.

aiptek.de support sent me the 1.5 firmware upgrade along with some instructions that helped too, but I probably wouldn't have gotten that far without the instructions here.

I have yet to try it to figure out what the differences are but I assume they are improvements. I was happy with the hd before but I will be intrigued to find any differences.
kech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2007, 10:23 PM   #354
tzm

IS there anyway our German friends can share the newest fw with those of us in the US? I emailed the German support but got no answer...I assume they don't offer support to US customers? Thanks.
tzm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2007, 11:37 PM   #355

I'm trying to use an A-Data 2GB SD card in my GO-HD, but it keeps complaining about a protect error. The card works just fine in my SD card reader, and it's not write protected. I formatted it with FAT and FAT32 on the PC, and the GO-HD just doesn't like it. It works fine with 512MB and a 64MB cards. Any ideas?

jsevinsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2007, 1:48 AM   #356

kech wrote:
Quote:
Thanks all for your directions on this firmware change. I got it to work after following all your excellent instructions. I had a 8gb sdhc card that was formatted as fat32 and it worked great to put it in the root directory.

aiptek.de support sent me the 1.5 firmware upgrade along with some instructions that helped too, but I probably wouldn't have gotten that far without the instructions here.

I have yet to try it to figure out what the differences are but I assume they are improvements. I was happy with the hd before but I will be intrigued to find any differences.
I installed the firmware 1.4, and still get the distorted audio while driving with or without the radio on. It appears the camera cannot process sound with enough resolution, most likely a cheap low bit ADC decoder.
93hd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2007, 1:49 AM   #357

93hd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2007, 4:43 AM   #358

aha so sound is aweful
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2007, 8:45 AM   #359

Sound. I recorded a wedding and a vocalist singing Ave Maria - sound was pretty good I thought. A couple of notes may have maxed out on the distortion but overall it sounded good to me. On the dvinfo thread someone commented that the camcorder is AVC video but the sound is mp4 and they were concerned with some lack of syncrhonisation between video and sound. I have gotten that also, when I play the clip on my notebook with battery - interestingly, when my laptop is plugged in, the synchronisation is fine. Also, when I play from the camera to my HD LCD it is fine.

Here is the instruction manual. The German site calls the GoHD the DVZ300HD.

Your file called "DVZ300_FW_Upgrade.doc" (1.26 MB) was uploaded successfully.

You can share the following link:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=O405T76Q

Here is the upload file for firmware 1.5

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QW038OCA

kech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2007, 11:21 AM   #360

OK, I finally got a GO-HD MOV file converted to HD-DivX! I used a sample file called "Panoramic.MOV" file that I downloaded. My apologies to the author for using it without permission.

Here's what you need to do:

* Download and install Dr. DivX OSS:
http://labs.divx.com/DrDivX

* Download and install FFDSHOW to get the AAC audio to convert right:
http://www.afterdawn.com/software/vi...rs/ffdshow.cfm

When I ran Dr. DivX, I set it to "high definition" and "insane quality" and got good results. Here's my converted file:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=N6SOJZ05

John

jsevinsk is offline   Reply With Quote