Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jun 28, 2007, 9:15 AM   #371

Hi there, i am from germany (so sorry for my bad english) and got the go-hd (z300hd) a few days ago. I am very contented with the quality you´re getting for this price.

But now: I did´nt find a fitting video editor program for the mov files. My Powerbook G4 ist too slow to handle hd-mov-files and for pc i am missing such nice things like final cut hd or imovie....

Can anyone help? What converters or editors do you use?

Greetings from Cebit-City Hannover
yakior
yakior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2007, 10:14 AM   #372
tzm

Many of the pages in this thread talked about playing and editting the clips, but this is what I have done, based on some of the suggestions. I have Vista, and I downloaded/installed K-Lite codec, Quicktime Alternative player and play the video using Windows Media Player 11. This plays fine. For editting, I use the Windows Movie Maker in Vista and it outputs to 720P, but the video file is wmv. I have a standalone player that plays this on my HDTV and it looks great. Nero Vision can take the clips and you can edit them there, but the final output is 480p only and DVD mpeg2. When played on my DVD player, things still look very good.

I think just on last page, somebody said that he was successful by using ffshow to conver the clips to DVix by using Dr. Dvix. I have not tried that yet.

I am really quite happy with the vid quality and the way is it being editted and played. For me, at least.
tzm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2007, 12:25 PM   #373

Vidéo Converter:

OK, So i made many test with many converter. I don't have Vista yet. So the easy way is by using : Easy Mov Converter. Very nice little app. By using the same test shot : the Panoramic one. (Thanks to the first reviewer) i can put it on divx, xvid, asf, wmv... in avi : divx and xvid, the best setting give me about 10 megs. it's 5 less than the original. And it's play just fine. In wmv and asf, it's about 43 megs and it's very choppy. So i can import almost all of them in Premiere, but i don't try a lot to know which on is the best. By now i have a lot of plugging, i remove a lot of them. the Klite is the worst, it give me hard time, but with : Cole 2k media pack, all is fast and nothing is choppy.

I check also the one made of Doctor Divx. pretty good too. I will made screen capture and analyse wich one is getting us the best quality. But again, as far i can tell. That camera are very very handy. I will also try to made an adapter to use with some Nikon 35mm Lens. So i will not getting any focus and zoom problem at all.

*Also, small question: Does the video output are a regular component that we can plug in any tv and any dvd recorder or it's a real : analog Component HD ? Or easier: some have try to put on a non hd tv with component in ?

Thanks - Opcod
Opcod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2007, 12:58 PM   #374
tzm

The cam comes with a component cable (RGB) which you can connect to your HDTV's component inputs to show 720p quality. It also has a composite cable, which allows you to connect to analog RCA inputs on your tv. You will still need to connect the composite cable for audio, as the component cable is for HD video only. The clips play well on my SONY 50" 3LCD rear projection 720p TV.
tzm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2007, 2:53 PM   #375

tzm thank you? you can watch in a few ways like mentioned hdtv output or regular output

you can try watching regular output on a hdtv vica verca?
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2007, 3:06 PM   #376

okay, thanks for answering. For now i play the clips with the core media player directly (win XP). Works fine for me.

But showing them to my friends and family is a lot more difficult, cause most of them dont have hdtv. So i want to upload the clips for them on my webpage, but i need to get them to web-compatible-small-size-clips

i tried ulead photo studio 10 - was very buggy...
i tried premiere cs3 beta - didn´t run properly...

now i´ll try premiere elements and magix video deluxe. will report how it works.

so far
yakior

Old Jun 28, 2007, 3:26 PM   #377

remember those who star t out on the net do not always have updated stuff h264 codecs is needed?

Old Jun 28, 2007, 3:51 PM   #378

that is because i want to convert it first... but the same problem with divx i think...

what follows now is try&error

any recommendations?
Old Jun 28, 2007, 5:19 PM   #379

I found using Ulead vid 8 se, and ulead movie wizard works, in diferent saving formats?

I also found that the aiptek software supplied with older models worked

I also found an online converter, so many to name. with a 10 sec limit works? once converted it loses its h264?
Old Jun 28, 2007, 9:12 PM   #380

Hi all,
i got ulead 11 plus today and have been trying to get my .mov file to work, when i run it, its jumpy and very slow and i tried batch convertor to make it a avi then tried on another one to wma, files are jumpy and very slow and see not to work how do i convert my mov files so I can edit them. And how do I work this thing lol... can someone help before i rip whats left of my hair out.
brian
zenmaster is offline   Reply With Quote