Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old May 6, 2007, 9:08 PM   #31

somehow it is removed? I cannot dupicate the vid so i is in your best interest , to watch the zoom first one see thefence, and the panaramic see the hous you'll see moire efx

sorry:|
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2007, 9:28 PM   #32

Yes I see it, but its not as bad as the PVR. It seems to occur at a distance, but when close up it dissapears. With PVR it was quite prominent at a much closer distance. Also the video is clean and sharp unlike the PVR.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2007, 9:53 PM   #33

I needed to install Quicktime 7.1 before I could see the clip, but here's a quick heads-up: Womble's MPEG 2 editor loads the MOV clip and is able to edit them. The latest version of MPEG Video Wizard even has a MPEG4/h264 output option. Pretty cool for a $70 program that's only supposed to edit MPEG 2 movies.

I've been shooting with a Sanyo C6 for awhile and I've been looking at Sanyo's HD2 hi-def hybrid. But I've decided they need to add h264 to that camera. So the GO-HD is very interesting. I'll be watching this forum for more info. :G
SPOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2007, 6:04 AM   #34

Wdefense4212 wrote:
Quote:
xphyle, could you post some more videos, including indoor lighting videos and videos showing a person's face (whether indoor or outdoor)? Grateful for what you've posted so far but still hesitating on this cam until I see some more examples.

And thanks to all who have posted the many informative comments here.
Will do! I've got just the video for you. Took it the first day I got the camera. Look for a link later today.

Xphyle
xphyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2007, 7:29 AM   #35

An other interesting thing. If you change the "MOV" extension of the file name and if you use the "AVI" or the "MPG"suffix you can play the Z300 files with a lot of common players. Of course you need absolutely to install the K-lite codec pack before any experimentation.

In addition to WMP and VLC,I successfully usedNero Show Time, PowerDVd 6, ATI MMC, DivX Player, Media Classic player. All the players gave a smooth result except VLC which had a short "stop" in the beginning of the clip and had jitters all alongs.

My PC is not a "monster": it's an AMD XP 2800 (not overclocked) 1Go RAM with an ATI AIW 9700 series Graphic Card and Classics IDE Hard Drives.

One more precision. Ialso successfully used Nero Vision in the same conditions to edit the renamed files. Unfortunately when you load the filesin Nero Vision they are automatically converted in the "best size" accepted by Nero which is "PAL D1", I mean 720 x576.

I hope this helps.
Kasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2007, 7:32 AM   #36

1. apon zooming? when you grab a shot you gradually build up to the zoomedshot? or quickly ?

I just had the oppertunity to do exactly that? O.T.

jvc camcorder will go out of focus on a slow zoom, if the object is not in the sensor zones? when I quikly zoomed. I was able to get aclerer vid but I had opt/dig zoom on LOL?

so you may need to quickly zoom a test vid for us as well? you're the man now with the go-hd test test tes?

see viddirect link

http://www.upfordown.com/public/653/Movie_0006.wmv
Old May 7, 2007, 11:30 AM   #37

I use quicktime alternative codec http://www.free-codecs.com/download/...lternative.htm to watch all *.mov videos.
It is free, it's fast and not so bulky.
After installing it most of the soft players are able to play quicktime movies.
Piterplus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2007, 3:16 PM   #38

1. when filming ?

does the recording of an object going accross the lcd seem to be buffering? while the object may be passed the lcd it isstill in the screen like a delay?

I ask b/c the MPVR does this?

Old May 7, 2007, 5:51 PM   #39

Hey Fishy. If there is a delay on the LCD screen it's barely noticeable. I sat there and waved my hand back and forth in front of the cam, and the LCD seemed to keep up with the movements of my hand back and forth. Hope that helps.

Still going to upload the vids soon. I'm waiting for the sun to go down a bit so I can film indoors in lower light situations.

Regards,

X
xphyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2007, 6:11 PM   #40

it is more of a distance, like a plane? I notice when filming on the MPVr the plane ws out of the lcd but it was still in the lcd?

possably the wide angeof the lens? hmmm

a hand nah it is too close? as well as a lot of Info?

a member asks when you upload, can you at least have one as a lower grade video so some can view? must be the highest quality? but with 640x480 res'?

people are geting picky?