Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jun 30, 2007, 3:48 PM   #391

i have the feeling, that the batterie is lasting longer with new firmware. i filmed 50 minutes with one batterie today. Think this is quite well...

I convert files now with Mp4Cam2AVI and edit in adobe premiere elements. works fine for me. just elements doesn´t aspect ratio somehow. it´s in 720x480 for dvd and doesnt look exactly right. I think i did´nt find the correct settings right now.

so long
yakior
yakior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2007, 4:14 PM   #392

30 minutes or 50 minutes , using the zoom will deminish the time
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2007, 10:45 PM   #393
tzm

My battery lasted about 45m. I did not do a lot of zoom at all, so not bad. Two batteries like that will work for me, since I mostly use the cam on my kids play and growing up,not recording three-hour concerts.

My cam never was never very hot, so hard to tell what the new fw did. Hopefully, it has improved things.

Yes, I am very happy with it. The only hope is that it will last for a long while.
tzm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2007, 2:22 PM   #394

yakior wrote:
Quote:
I convert files now with Mp4Cam2AVI and edit in adobe premiere elements. works fine for me. just elements doesn´t aspect ratio somehow. it´s in 720x480 for dvd and doesnt look exactly right.

so long
yakior
Mp4Cam2AVI was the application I tried with a sync test and the audio was out of sync. I think the concept is good because it remuxes the video instead of re-encoding it but somehow messes up the audio or doesn't get the time stamps right. Perhaps the author should be contacted though I think the problem is more with the QT file the GO HD produces. Maybe these problems have been fixed in the later firmware.

Can you tell if your file's audio is in sync? You can shoot a short video of you speaking and snap your fingers during the video so you can check the sync. A video with "wild sound" won't make the audio sync apparent.

hdguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2007, 3:07 PM   #395

was this 2.71 version mp42avi
Old Jul 1, 2007, 6:57 PM   #396

Yes, it is 2.71. It appears that the video may actually be running slower than it should. There is some stuff on B-Frames with Mencoder and maybe FFMPEG and I'm wondering if Mencoder when it does the conversion throws away the B-Frames and this converter which is remuxing is not. That might account for the video being slower. I tried various settings in the program but none produced syncronous audio. I know that several players and editors loaded with the original file tended to play or render a file where the video was slower. Mencoder also throws out a lot of diagnostics which shows there are discrepancies between information in the headers like frame count and what there actually is.

hdguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2007, 3:31 AM   #397

I wasusing the trial . amd all seemed to work fine for me for H264 clips?
Old Jul 3, 2007, 9:06 PM   #398
tzm

Anyone tried recording from the AC power instead of the batter, with battery still in place? Does it run on AC or the battery? Just curious. Of course, I could try it myself, but haven't got around to it. Thanks.
tzm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2007, 9:45 PM   #399

Im a new member, and after reading the whole 20 pages of this thread, I wanted to buy a Go-HD

Im not regretting my decision at all.
I mean sure the autofocus isnt that great, and the noise the zooming makes is audible during playback, but for the price and for what it is, its pretty awesome. I got mines for $262 with 1 day shipping Arrived in time for 4th of july.

I did some videos to see the quality compared to another camcorder that I have, a JVC MG-21U, and the Go-hd camcorder beats it in video quality (though not at sound quality) even at 720x480 which the JVC does. The JVC is a hdd camcorder so quality isnt that good, mpeg2 vs h.264
The Go-HD even beats the sony dvd cam I had a few months ago in video quality.

These are still shots taken from the video with classic media player
This is from the Go-hd at 720x480
http://www.sendspace.com/file/9c6ti7
This is from the Go-hd at 1280x720
http://www.sendspace.com/file/n0vpmd
This is from the JVC HDD cam at 720x480
http://www.sendspace.com/file/gkzvpc

Later on I will try and get a comparison video of some fireworks at night with night mode on, and another with it off.

Here is just a random video I did when I got the camcorder.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/mjjwlo
RotaryKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2007, 4:11 AM   #400

alright so after reading this forum for many days i finally decided to order the go-hd form costco. Luckily it came in, a day before the 4th. So i will have a fun day to record for sure. I charged it only for an hour or so then took it to work, couldnt wait. I took a few sample vids and played them back on the unit. not bad... then on my pc... not so desirable. Then back on the standard 4:3 tv and well honestly holy sh..... This things vid quality is amazing when raw like that. If youre not happy try it on tv. I still have yet to hook it to my HD 32" lcd, and i can only imagine it gets better. The jitters and water effect seemed to be all gone on the tv and the low light capability is amazing. The footage this thing gets is amazing its only a matter of what youre means of playing it back is. I will post some sample vids later, but so far im very excited, its a VAST improvement over the last release i bought (and returned) from them. This is a keeper for sure!
handycamman is offline   Reply With Quote