Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jul 4, 2007, 4:19 AM   #401

P.S. switch it to tv mode, even in ntsc, and see the quality of even the menus on the tv screen. Its veryyyyy good, and obviously meant for that. If you dont plan to use the cam or footage on a tv, then youre not doing it justice.

Also like i said i got mine yesterday the 3rd of july, and the firmware said v1.100 but had the same name as the current update.. "hydam_z5x.bin". So, unhappy with the footage from work, i upgraded anyway to "hydam_z5x.bin" from the forum and saw that it said v1.500 after that and the quality so far seems to be way better. I will test the before and after on tv now and let you know if the upgrade actually helps with the vid quality or not.

*********update*********
just TRIED to watch the vid back from earlier.. Well i put some vids from tonight (when i got home from work, and updated to 1.5) and some vids from earlier (out of the box) when i got to work and took some samples. Surprise the early ones arent even recognized now, but the new ones i watched were amazing, even on the 4:3 reso tv. The detail, color, everything was amazing for the price i highly recomend this cam! As far as sound, well its not stereo but its okay. I will try to make some type of mini noise dampener for loud occaisons (car rides, concerts, etc.. ) All in all this cam is the most bang for the buck hands down, i just wish everyones computer did it justice.
handycamman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2007, 10:51 AM   #402

If you are unhappy with the playback of the MOV files on your PC, try converting them to DivX files with Dr. DivX. (Instructions earlier in this thread.) I found the playback to be much better -- not jumpy at all.

jsevinsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2007, 10:56 AM   #403

If you are unhappy with the playback of the MOV files on your PC, try converting them to DivX files with Dr. DivX. (Instructions earlier in this thread.) I found the playback to be much better -- not jumpy at all.

Old Jul 4, 2007, 11:08 AM   #404

I just recorder for an hour straight and wow. It really does get hot. About hot as a heater blanket on high.

When I recorded for an hour straight with no zooming, and settings on normal, with only the LCD brightness turned to the lowest, I had 1 bar left for the battery. Seems pretty good for me. I wouldnt want to try and go over an hour of recording if I had one bar though, because it seems that it takes alot of power for the camcorder to finish processing the video, and I wouldnt want it to run out of battery before it finishes processing the video.

tzm wrote:
Quote:
Anyone tried recording from the AC power instead of the batter, with battery still in place?* Does it run on AC or the battery?* Just curious.* Of course, I could try it myself, but haven't got around to it.* Thanks.
I tried recording with the AC power plugged in and from what I see, it does run off the ac power. It doesnt show the battery icon and when you take the battery out it still runs off the ac power when you are recording.
RotaryKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2007, 11:15 AM   #405

the indicator is in the rear the right one that was gren for battery, and orange for ac, while the left blinds you in blue
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2007, 2:36 PM   #406

I hate that blue blinking light, especially when recording in dark places.....the pulsating blue light annoys you.
RotaryKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2007, 10:34 PM   #407

The flap that covers the USB port just broke off. :sad:

Old Jul 5, 2007, 3:14 AM   #408

I'm looking for a digital camcorder to which I can connect an external camera and audio source (both using standard RCA phono plugs), bypassing the camcorder's camera and mic. Does the GO-HD support this? Also, is it possible to edit its .MOV files with Windows XP Movie Maker 5.1?

If the answer to either of these questions in no, can anyone suggest something else? My camera records 520 lines, so I don't strictly need HD, but I do need to support the external camera and audio, Movie Maker, and solid-state recording. Thanks.

Involute
Involute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2007, 6:45 AM   #409

I just joined the forum ... wanted to let you all know my experience with the GO-HD which I have had for about a week. Both the video and stills look great, very impressive. Extraordinary for such a small inexpensive camera.

But I also want to be able to edit the footage and here is what I have found out. I am a MAC person so I wish to edit the footage in Final Cut Pro, which I found I can do. However you first need to open a captured video file in Quick Time and re-save it with another name, still as a .mov file. If you try to import it directly into FCP it rejects it. But re-saved it opens up fine in FCP for editing.

Sorry, I have no suggestions for Windows users.

javascript:emoticon(':-)',%20'images/emoticons/laughing-smiley-002.gif')
Ithaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2007, 2:45 PM   #410

Jsev. A little glue gets it back on, mine fell off on the mpvr way long ago. and left it off.

Inov.... Athica makes a point and I suggest you look into Super c

Super C click me

a tutural on how to convert any format to any format so simple that is why it is called Super C.

even better it is now H264 codec ready just DL it?

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote