Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jul 12, 2007, 7:01 PM   #431

My experience with calling Aiptek was after navigating their menu listening to about 3 minutes of music then it reset to the menu again which I again navigated and then listen to about another 2-3 minutes of bad classical music and finally someone picked up the phone and hung it up again. So much for their phone support. :lol:

I did (after 3 days) get some results from their support email form. They don't even have an auto responder for the form to let you know they've got the email and will respond in x amount of time.

hdguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2007, 6:53 AM   #432

I also could not get the "flash strobe" to work after the firmware 1.5 upgrade. There is a box to check for "off" but none for "on" or "auto". I e-mailed tech support so if they send me a fix I will post here.
kech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2007, 7:16 AM   #433

kech wrote:
Quote:
I also could not get the "flash strobe" to work after the firmware 1.5 upgrade. There is a box to check for "off" but none for "on" or "auto". I e-mailed tech support so if they send me a fix I will post here.
I have the 1.5 firmware, and my flash works OK. I can check off, on, or auto. Is the battery weak? I know mine refuses to turn on the white LEDs if the battery is weak. I'm not sure if that's true for the flash or not.

jsevinsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2007, 7:33 AM   #434

I've got a question to the GO-HD's owner: Is it possible to reload the battery by USB ?

Thanks
zsound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2007, 8:33 AM   #435

zsound wrote:
Quote:
I've got a question to the GO-HD's owner: Is it possible to reload the battery by USB ?

Thanks
You plug the camera into USB to charge the battery in the camera. You get two batteries, but you can't charge the one that's not in the camera. You can't plug the USB cable directly into the battery, if that's what you were asking.

Old Jul 13, 2007, 12:16 PM   #436

kech wrote:
Quote:
I have the 1.5 firmware, and my flash works OK. I can check off, on, or auto. Is the battery weak? I know mine refuses to turn on the white LEDs if the battery is weak. I'm not sure if that's true for the flash or not.

Old Jul 13, 2007, 2:44 PM   #437

1 you may opt for a IS-DV charger that fits the battery?

2 you can only charge one at a time

3 you cannot plug the battery to the usb cable the usb throws a 4.5 vdc out while the camera operates at 3.7vdc with the battery and in the usb 5vdc?

4 the flash cannot unction if weak , it will either shut down or drain the battery ffast

the led do not take much juice to run they only need just a lil
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2007, 5:31 AM   #438

hi anyone know how to disable LCD viewfinder power on / off.i need this to close LCD w/o turning off power........ for my scuba action.pls tnxs
kuya_ed2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2007, 8:25 AM   #439

kuya_ed2007 wrote:
Quote:
hi anyone know how to disable LCD viewfinder power on / off.i need this to close LCD w/o turning off power........ for my scuba action.pls tnxs
Can't you flip it all the way around and close it, with the LCD screen facing out?

Old Jul 23, 2007, 2:31 PM   #440

a magnet in the right spot is my guess

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote