Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jul 23, 2007, 7:44 PM   #441

Can't you flip it all the way around and close it, with the LCD screen facing out?

thanks already found solution guys just use magnet point totripod is working and LCD screen facing in. for my underwater use attach to my mask.

kuya_ed2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2007, 12:09 AM   #442

Well this is what you get for recommending a camera to a friend LOL The replacement for the first defective Aiptek GO-HD that we ordered arrived today, and it's worse than the first one! Not only does it have the continuous noise in the background but on top of that you can now hear the autofocus going brrrr...brr...brrrrrrr..brrr which is totally unacceptable.

After the PVR fiasco I am going to have to recommend passing on this model. Seems their quality control is lacking. If they were boxed instead of plastic bubble wrapped and I could get the store to go through them until I found a good one, I'd probably persevere, as I generally find once I get a good device it generally doesn't give any further trouble. Being as you cannotreally do this these days and have to go through the fiasco of sending it back and waiting another few days (seeing as it's not worth paying extra to overnight it), it's just not worth the hassle knowing there is a good chance the next one could be faulty. If it was a more well respected brand I might have gone for "third times the charm" as that's been the case in the past, but not this time!

Oh well Aiptek, I thought the GO-HD was going to be the model from Aiptek to make up for the PVR...
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2007, 4:32 AM   #443

so let me guess

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"my go sounded like your 1st one and the2nd onesounded like the beta-testingunit? 50/50 to get a good one huh?

Stamped defective
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2007, 9:31 AM   #444

You got it fishy. As Elvis once said, it's a case of "Return to Sender"
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2007, 11:40 AM   #445

Hi,

Is it possible to rip the h.264 video stream made by the GO-HD on a PC via the USB link ?

thx for your help.
Dean.
deanfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2007, 2:08 PM   #446

You can record off the go, transferfiles to the pc via the usb link

Are you asking Can you record via the usb link of the go?
Old Jul 24, 2007, 4:58 PM   #447

Yes,
I would like to record the video stream on an onboard PC and bypass writing on the SD card.

Is it possible ?

By the way, is it possible to use an external power source during recording ?

Thx for you help.
deanfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2007, 10:18 PM   #448
tzm

I don't think you can record directly to PC bypassing the card. When usb is linked, the PC reads it as a drive with the LCD closed. If you flip it open, you don't see the Recording mode.

I asked the second question before, i.e., whether to record by using AC power. I haven't tried, but one gentleman said, you can.
tzm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2007, 2:33 PM   #449

Hi All

Was anyone able to confirm the "Diagnostics Mode for the GO-HD?

"Quote"

Whilsttrying button combinations, I seem to have discovered a Diagnostics Mode on the GO-HD to test basic functions.

Switch on, press "mode" for green screen,and press "Menu" and "RWD" (bottom button on screen) simultaneously for 2 sec's. You screen will display "FLASH", "KEY", "MOTOR", "NOISE",when you toggle the joystick. Press the joystick to select the function.

FLASH has settings of 1,10 & 3000 and should operate the flash at that speed. In my case with the faulty flash, I get 1/1>NG. I presume means NO GOOD. Can someone with a working flash please test this and publish the results.

KEY indicates the function of each of the buttons i.e. FWD, PLAY, RWD, REC, MENU etc.

MOTORtests thefocus drive function and gives OK at the end.

NOISE has settings from 1 ROUND to 10 ROUND andrecordsthe ambient soundthrough the mic, while the focus motor runs in and out.

Each of the above requires the corder to be switched off or battery removed to start with other tests.

"Quote"

hensberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2007, 3:16 PM   #450

ha ha ha sorry i am not the guinie pig on this one LOL

sounds like you got in the secret room and the door locked on ya?

is this going to be repairable?