Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Aug 3, 2007, 6:45 AM   #471

Typisch wrote:
Quote:
Has anyone of you ever succeeded in converting the recorded MOV files into a single movie file which contains multiple scenes?
After experimenting with many different video editing softwares I still haven't found an easy-to-handle tool which allows me toproduce a single file from hundreds shortMOV files, which can then be converted to DVD format.

Can you suggest a different software?
Here's what works for me...

I use MEncoder to convert the H.264 MOV files from the GO-HD into DVD compliant 720x480, 29.97fps MPG files. Now you can use practically any video editing software to put together your movie. (This will also help if you have an older, slower computer).

I personally like to use Ulead Video Studio or Nero Vision as they use Smart-Rendering, so you don't lose any quality when creating your final video file. And Nero Vision 4 has some great 3D menus when you author the DVD.

Hope that helps!
eugene2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2007, 10:39 AM   #472

zsound wrote:
Quote:
Just some questions:
1 Is it possible to use the GO-HD with a monopod or a tripod?
2 Is it possible to use a standard SD card or SDHC is necessary?

Thanks for your answers
http://forums.steves-digicams.com/fo...mp;forum_id=92

Answer to Question 1: Yes the bottom has an attachment, pics are too dark to post

Answer to Question 2 yes it is possable to use a standard rated sd card. newer cameras use sdhcas a standard an eventualy standard cards will no longer be sold
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2007, 6:49 PM   #473

eugene2007 wrote:
Quote:
I personally like to use Ulead Video Studio or Nero Vision as they use Smart-Rendering, so you don't lose any quality when creating your final video file. And Nero Vision 4 has some great 3D menus when you author the DVD.
I received my replacement GO HD yesterday from Aiptek. It has the 1.5 firmware on it and when I rendered some new clips using Nero Vision there were no black side bars (rendering at 1280x720p as MPEG-2). Walking through one of the files with Apple's Dumpster utility it looks like some of the QuickTime wrapper has been cleaned up a bit.

hdguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2007, 10:53 AM   #474

I have a question:

Does anyone here think it would be possible to play 720p trailers or movies (MOV files) from Apples site for instance on the GO HD?

I tried and it didn't work.
If someone from Aiptek is reading this, it would be a great
feature to have. To playback 720p movies as a portable movie player.

Or we might need a firmware hack by someone who knows how to do these things.

I have a feeling that this little camcorder has lots of untapped potential through firmware options and it would be a shame if they were not used. And if it could play DIVX and XVID files...

Can someone else also try with trailers.
They can be found as apple trailers for instance but make sure you use 720p or 480p and not 1080p.
Duracell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2007, 11:39 AM   #475

lol? av input would have been the best resolution, I am going to hold out till tehy place one in?

now if you know its bitrate of video audion and kpps you can getthse movies on there but not worth doing so, while the battery life is short?
Old Aug 5, 2007, 11:53 AM   #476

You could play them back using the power adapter so the battery life wouldn't matter. But presently the QT playback is pretty much limited to GO HD produced files. Anything else locks up the camera which is not good error checking. Also I think there are already small portable players that do HD Divx, MP4, etc for about half the price of the GO HD.

hdguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2007, 12:09 PM   #477

as a owner of the mpvr I do show some vids I make but now cater to a mp3 player?
Old Aug 5, 2007, 1:50 PM   #478

Every time I copy the GO-HD's movie and picture files onto the computer and delete them from the camera, the camera names any future files starting with FILE0001. This isn't good, because when I copy more files from the camera to the PC, the names collide. Is there some way to get the camera to remember where it left off and keep numbering the files from that point?
jsevinsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2007, 2:54 PM   #479

Looking at the manual, I don't see a way to disable the file number reset. My SVP 8600 has it, but many of my previous cameras didn't. You'll have to keep them separated by using sub-folders on your computer.
Old HACer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2007, 4:36 PM   #480

ah, the Aiptek IS-DV2 does this , I love the idea how it does not go back to file 0001 on my new casio. Only if you reformat the sd card or reset the camera?

The Go sorry it is a complaint to Aiptek support? if none complained about this on the earlier models then hmm woud they add it?

Your answer" no" sorry?