Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Aug 6, 2007, 3:44 PM   #481

I've been requested details on converting the Aiptek .MOV files to MPEG2 DVD format using MEncoder, so here it is...

I downloaded a GUI for MEncoder called SMSG (Simple MEncoder Shell GUI) and then modified the existing "MPEG2 - Format DVD - Pal" template for the NTSC standard:

-oac lavc -ovc lavc -of mpeg -mpegopts format=dvd -vf scale=720:480,harddup -srate 48000 -af lavcresample=48000 -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg2video:vrc_buf_size=1835:vrc_maxrate=98 00:vbitrate=9800:keyint=18:acodec=ac3:abitrate=192 :aspect=16/9 -ofps 30000/1001 -o "<OUTPUT>.mpg" "<INPUT>"

Good luck!
eugene2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2007, 2:11 PM   #482

Ok so i realized my older kodak easyshare ONE camera has the same batteries. They are higher mah also. I think 1100 or 1200. The camera came with 2 of these batteries and a rapid wall charger which is awesome because that means i now have 4 batteries and i can charge 2 at a time. Not sure yet but i think the rapid wall charger also charges them alot faster. I will drain one that came with the aiptek then time it to see how long it takes to charge. To me it seems like doing it through the camera takes forever.

P.S. I also found some 1400 mah batteries with a charger on ebay. Check it out, search for np-60.
antix3300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2007, 2:25 PM   #483

in my pinned post I did this test

the IS-DV charer is 2 hr 30 -3 hours charge w

while the internal of the go is 160-180 min mentioned in the guide
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2007, 5:26 AM   #484

to me it sounds like your tests concluded both models "chargers" times are about the same. Does either have an external charger? To me getting a couple 1400 mah batteries and an external charger should do alot in means of record time and charge time. These paired with an 8 gig card would be a great set-up.
antix3300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2007, 10:38 PM   #485

jsevinsk wrote:
Quote:
Every time I copy the GO-HD's movie and picture files onto the computer and delete them from the camera, the camera names any future files starting with FILE0001. This isn't good, because when I copy more files from the camera to the PC, the names collide. Is there some way to get the camera to remember where it left off and keep numbering the files from that point?
I figured out a workaround for this problem. Right before I plug the camera into the PC to unload the flash, I take a picture of something that I would never want to take a picture of, like my foot, or a light bulb. Then I copy all the good pictures to the PC and delete them from the camera. So all that's left is the one bad picture, and the camera continues numbering from that file name.

jsevinsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2007, 8:43 AM   #486

I tried to upgrade the firmware on the GO-HD, and now it won't even power on. Besides using this as a paperweight, are there any options to fix a bad firmware flash?

Thanks
-Hal
nobail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2007, 8:55 AM   #487

yes there is

having the default, but i guess you Killed the Bios and the support center is open tommorrow sorry? reason why one must be careful:!:
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2007, 9:17 PM   #488

Just got mine yesterday. Upgraded the firmware to 1.5. I can hear the zoom, but it is not recorded onto the video.:-)

Great size for a video camera and I have plenty of sd cards laying around.

Good bye DV tapes:blah:
w84no1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2007, 9:32 PM   #489

Typisch wrote:
Quote:
Has anyone of you ever succeeded in converting the recorded MOV files into a single movie file which contains multiple scenes?

I bought the GO-HD because I wanted it to replace our old DV camera. My idea was to record scenes in the same manner we used to do it with the DV and then - when the storage is full - do a single-step conversion to DVD format.

After experimenting with many different video editing softwares I still haven't found an easy-to-handle tool which allows me toproduce a single file from hundreds shortMOV files, which can then be converted to DVD format.

There is some programs like SUPER C which can do batch convert. Yet they do not merge the separate files. You could merge the files afterwards using Movie Maker, but I feel Movie Maker is a little buggy, and it often crashes with my SUPER C converted files.

Can you suggest a different software?

Here is what works for me.

I have Vista Ultimate, I installed the k-lite mega codec pack.
Open Windows Movie Maker, import .mov videos
Add to storyboard or timeline, edit and save as WMV HD files (you could downrez to DVD)
Vista Ultimate has Windows DVD Maker, though I haven't tried it yet.
w84no1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2007, 9:24 PM   #490

I've used Super on many occasions to convert the GO-HD video into smaller-rez clips that my Apple TV will stream. Here is an HD 5-sec macro sample down-rezed to 960 pixels width 30fps. Quality is still quite good.

http://rapidshare.com/files/48841782...-960w.mov.html

Any suggestions to merge files would be helpful.

Bob

rjbards is offline   Reply With Quote