Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Aug 18, 2007, 2:56 PM   #501

The wobbling effect can happen on very slow pans too.

hdguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2007, 9:43 PM   #502

When I tried Womble I thought the files were twice the size post editing as they were going in. Did you notice that problem?
kech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2007, 10:02 PM   #503

if i use NERO VISION 4 convertMOV to DVD Mpeg2not working.

but from MP4 to DVD mpeg2 video looks ok
kuya_ed2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2007, 1:55 PM   #504

Which version of Nero Vision are you using? I am using the latest version from Nero 7 Ultra Enhanced and converts to MPEG-2 720p just fine.

Old Aug 22, 2007, 3:00 PM   #505

nero is it better than Imovie by MAc?

I do not have this and may help me in my .mov 720P (cough)
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2007, 7:43 AM   #506

I have no problems going from the GO-HD .MOV to DVD-MPEG2 (720x480) using Nero Vision 4.

I can't comment on 720p since the option doesn't show up for me. But if I'm not mistaken, Nero will only show available formats if you have the corresponding drive to burn it, and I don't have a Blu-ray/HD burner.

hdguy, can you type out a brief instruction on how you use Nero for 720p? I'd like to check on my system. Thanks.
eugene2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2007, 5:22 PM   #507

In Nero Vision 4 select Make Movie and drag your MOV file into the timeline. When you select Export you have two choices to save HD in MPEG-2, either the MPEG-2 template where you can set the height, width and bitrate but that does save it as an interlaced file. Or you can save it with the HDV template and select 1280x720. That is transport stream and is reported as progressive (full) frames. There is no bitrate setting but my programs show it is 15 mbps which is plenty of overhead to keep from degrading the GO HD clip. Some programs or players may not be able to handle the HDV file though.

It depends I guess on where you are going to use the file as to whether it is progressive or not. I use the MPEG-2 template because my Linkplayer2 doesn't care if it is interlaced or not. My purpose was to get the file into a format where I could use it on a better editor like Media Stuido Pro 7.3. The broadcast 720p HDTV transport streams I capture are actually 59.97 fps interlaced fields but get dipslayed as progressive 29.97 fps.

Hope that helps.

Old Aug 24, 2007, 2:33 PM   #508

Thanks hdguy.

You're right, Nero Vision converts to 480i using the DVD template. I used TMPGenc to create a 480p and compared the two on my HDTV and I find a big difference. There are no jaggies on the 480p version (especially noticeable when paused), and no interlace artifacts either.

That rules out using Nero Vision for me. Back to square one...
Old Aug 24, 2007, 7:11 PM   #509

I've done some futher testing and have comeup with a solution. :-)

I can still use nero ONLY to convert the .mov files to dvd-mpeg2 using Nero Vision. The resulting file is 480i. I then use TMPGenc DVD Author to author the actual DVD. It sees the file as interlaced but if you manually change it to progressive, the final DVD will be 480p. The video is sharp, clean, no jaggies, no problems!
Old Aug 25, 2007, 3:00 PM   #510

What are you using to check whether the file created is progressive or interlaced? Bitrate Viewer which is a commercial program I bought some years ago shows the resultant MPEG and VOB as progressive. It may well be that some programs are reporting the frame status wrong. Either that or Nero isn't marking them as well as they should. To my understanding it is a little hard to get a DVD player to display an anamorphic file in widescreen mode unless the VOB is progressive frame. I remember back in the early days circa 2001 when the first consumer DVD authoring software became available they wanted a premium for widescreen which is all of 1 or 2 bits being set in the header. I exposed that and the next editions included widescreen at no extra cost. :lol: