Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Sep 11, 2007, 3:24 AM   #521

kuya_ed2007 wrote:
Quote:
underwater housingforGO-HD
is that theGo , did you minipulate that camera body?:|
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2007, 3:52 PM   #522

Caelum wrote:
Quote:
Just a correction: the Sanyo HD2 does not use an Ambarella chip, it's using two custom Sanyo chips;the HD2does not record AVC/H.264 video, it records MPEG-4 part 2 (SP) video.
Thanks for the correction. That info came from another forum and I think they may have been confused the Sanyo with the Samsung camera. I should have noticed that my HD1 and HD2 samples didn't display the Ambarella codec in the headers nor AVC1 (they're both mpv4). Someone elsewhere argued that we can't compare output from a rack mounted encoder for satellite or cable with these inexpensive cameras yet Harmonic who makes rack mounted encoders announced they were going to be using the Ambarella A2 chip (press release on Ambarella's site). Go figure.

hdguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2007, 4:10 PM   #523

And reading Ambarella's spec sheets again the Aiptek cameras are using the A1 not the A2 since the A2 is for high performace applications and the A1 is for hybrid cameras. I see they also just announced a single chip full 1080p HD broadcast encoder.

Old Sep 11, 2007, 6:44 PM   #524

yes fishycomics need to havecamcorder attach to my mask for my spearfishing action

here is clear picture for go-hd& UK C4 dive light....
Attached Images

kuya_ed2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2007, 7:13 PM   #525

:Orubbing my Eyes!

wow!

excellent, I am guessing you hit record place in the case that is beside the taken apart hybrid and off you go?

WOW! I am realy amazed? are you any way upset , or known the A-Hd came out afterwards? I am sure you are better off with the Go, due to the Lower Lux

It is again amazingwhat we can come up with in a Hybrid? I tipp my hatt off to you? and I bet by the time you do all that recording it is time to surface? seen your footage but not all, and loved it , thank you for sharing?

I hope our members can learn from this, andwhy a hybrid is so fun good-or-bad :|
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2007, 7:34 PM   #526

I'd love to see a shot of the circuit board front and back.

Old Sep 11, 2007, 8:47 PM   #527

HDGUY, here is another shot of Go HD

Attached Images

kuya_ed2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2007, 10:35 PM   #528

hdguy wrote:
Quote:
Caelum wrote:
Quote:
Just a correction: the Sanyo HD2 does not use an Ambarella chip, it's using two custom Sanyo chips;*the HD2*does not record AVC/H.264 video, it records MPEG-4 part 2 (SP) video.
Thanks for the correction.* That info came from another forum and I think they may have been confused the Sanyo with the Samsung camera.** I should have noticed that my HD1 and HD2 samples didn't display the Ambarella codec in the headers nor AVC1 (they're both mpv4).* Someone elsewhere argued that we can't compare output from a rack mounted encoder for satellite or cable with these inexpensive cameras yet Harmonic who makes rack mounted encoders announced they were going to be using the Ambarella A2 chip (press release on Ambarella's site).* Go figure.
Probably some truth to it. What is being sent over an satellite that is probably preprocessed to increase compression efficiency, but if it is live it can still be heavily live processed by the most advanced codecs costing tens of thousands. Ambarella (as you have stated) have different levels of codec chips that do different performances, but I think that the Aiptek footage would be heavily processed to get the bit rate. How much processed compared to the broadcast stuff, i don't know.

I think hybrids are going to take another step back (two steps forwards and one back) for the professional video camera market, as I have just heard news that an Hitachi Bluray camera will use an altasens sensor. If it is one of their cheap consumer cameras it might yield picture quality sufficient to make hybrids and after thought for pros again.

I wonder what sensor the Sanyo uses, Fill-factory sensor based on Lupa sensors, Micron, or low end Altasens? I doubt it is altasens, but would be great if it were.
Wayne12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2007, 8:03 PM   #529

Thanks for the picture of the PC board!

Old Sep 20, 2007, 7:16 AM   #530

Has anyone tried taking apart the Firmware for the GO-HD and see if there's anything we can tweak? (ie. the gain on the mic, etc.). Or has anyone heard if there's another firmware version coming out? I currently have v1.5.
eugene2007 is offline   Reply With Quote