Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Sep 28, 2007, 3:56 PM   #541

Hua Kul wrote:
Quote:
KiSS DP-600 High Definition Media Player

http://www-dk.linksys.com/servlet/Sa...=1198136184B03

"Play absolutely everything in your library. KiSS DP-600 and play all media formats including DVDs, CDs, Windows Media 9, Nero Digital, DivX High Definition, MPEG-1,2,4, XviD, MP3, Ogg Vorbis, Jpeg and PNG Picture files. Featuring playback for Nero Digital Format, we have included all of your encoding software: Nero ShowTime 2-CE, Recode 2-CE and MediaHome"

I don't know where to get this or how much it costs. Can the GO-HD video be saved in Windows Media Player 9 or one of the other formats listed above? If my PC is too slow to view the video well can this unit still be used to save it and view on the TV? Any help would be appreciated.

--Hua Kul
Amazon shows it for over $500. I only paid $250 for my AVeL Linkplayer2 that does about the same thing though as a DVD player it was kind of funky even though it upscaled over component. I've seen some network players without a DVD player for under $200. You can probably find discussions on them on AVSForum.com under the HTPC section. The AVeL can't play the Aiptek files natively but they can play converted ones. AVeL actually took a lot of flac for not including AVC1 support. That's going to be the trick is finding a unit that actually is up to date on AVC1 support. Apple TV maybe.

BTW, I uninstalled the Classic Media Player on my video editing machine and reinstalled Quicktime as the newest version will play the A-HD and GO-HD files in sync. Plus unless Quicktime was there Vegas Movie Studio Platinum would not see the files though. Movie Studio can see the video but not the audio which is odd since they support AAC. I'll have to point that out to them and they have been good about fixing things in their updates. You can get Quicktime without the iTunes bloatware though they'll try to sneak iTunes in on updates.

Eventually some company with Aiptek's (or maybe Ambarella's) assistance will produce an editing program that will create files you can put back on the camera for playback.

hdguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2007, 4:14 PM   #542

you can place back the orginal, but not an edited?
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2007, 5:37 PM   #543

The edited would have to be recompressed to the specs of the A-HD file. Theoretically a QT file which is using an AVC1 codec for 720p video at 29.97 fps and AAC audio which matches the A-HD files should work. But currently I have no way of generating a QT file with either codec. The only thing I can generate are PSP files with those settings except they are 480x272 or 720x480 and then they are an MP4 wrapper and renaming the extension to .MOV won't work. Apparently the camera is looking for some specific things which may be in the "user" atom.

So at the moment it looks like we'll have to rely on Aiptek for a solution.

Old Sep 28, 2007, 6:18 PM   #544

as I know thefile0001 must be the same. the other info you're saying yes must be there? but it can be CIF D1 or Hd settings

most likely it has to be CIF as Arc lowers to the smallest size saved?352x280 cif
Old Sep 28, 2007, 8:20 PM   #545

Regardless of frame size the codecs used are AVC1 video and AAC audio.
Old Sep 29, 2007, 6:54 PM   #546

BTW, I was just at Fry's and they have an endcap displaying a number of different media players. Some do HD and are under $200. You'll have to be careful about what you're buying to make sure that it is a unit that lets you play stuff off your computer via network. Many are using the second edition of the Sigma Graphics chipset. My AVeL Linkplayer2 has the first edition. Some may include a USB port as my LP2 does which lets you play clips off a memory stick.

Old Oct 2, 2007, 12:56 PM   #547

if aiptek resolve the wobbling issues on go-hd i will buy this camera again..
T4R06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 2007, 11:47 AM   #548

I just found this on besbuy. Got an indy film I want to do. Hybrid/solid state camcorders are something I am looking at for the price. I wish mic ins would be put on these, but can record audio on the side.

I saw this talked about alot, and then on Amazon it is $219. So if this camcorder good? I saw there has been revisions etc.
sandmanfvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2007, 6:41 PM   #549

the latest site o offer a lowest price will be and may no longer be is wallgreens ? Amazon had the lowest refurbished , missing a battery or baterys?
Old Oct 8, 2007, 1:46 AM   #550

here is video taken underwater 150 feet using home made housing attach on mask

http://www.viddler.com/kuya_ed2007/videos/3/
kuya_ed2007 is offline   Reply With Quote