Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Nov 18, 2007, 2:22 PM   #571

you have the 1.4 firmware then you're able to go to back to older firmware

default would mean back to old firmware
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2007, 5:20 PM   #572

Well I was able to process my movies using Mencoder and Sox. Sox is a command line utility to process audio files. Both programs are free and open source. Here is a batch file I used :

Code:
set MPLAYER_HOME=%0\..
set SOX_HOME=%0\..\..\sox12181
set NOISEPROFILE=%SOX_HOME%\bruit.prof

%MPLAYER_HOME%\mplayer.exe -vc dummy -vo null -ao pcm:file=%1.wav -af channels=1 %1

%SOX_HOME%\sox.exe %1.wav %1.sox.wav noisered %NOISEPROFILE% 0.5

%MPLAYER_HOME%\mencoder.exe %1 -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vbitrate=6000 -audiofile %1.sox.wav -oac mp3lame -vf scale=640:360 -o %2

rem %MPLAYER_HOME%\mencoder.exe %1 -ovc copy -audiofile %1.sox.wav -oac mp3lame -vf scale=1280:720 -o %2
The last line (commented out) is an attempt to just copy the H264 stream (didn't work for me). The script extracts the soundtrack using Mplayer, then filters the noise using Sox and at final merge sound and images using Mencoder. The profile file is built using Sox from a noise sample. I attached my profile to the message. The output of the batch is a 640x360 Divx but you can choose different encoding settings of course.

Hope this helps

Attached Files
File Type: txt bruit.prof.txt (11.4 KB, 108 views)
marcjero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2007, 10:07 AM   #573

This thread has to be the best resource on the web for this particular camera. It has a lot of good info. Though honestly at 29 pages its a bit unwiedly. I'm wondering if anyone has thought about modifying the first post to collect all the info, e.g.
videos
pictures
confirmed features
firmware links and instructions
battery times (which still seems to vary heavy even having read through this)
etc

I also notice at one point someone asked if it was possible to buy better batteries for this and I didn't notice a reply. Anyone found out who has one?

I'm thinking about getting one in the very near future (anyone who has a link to a place that will ship it to Canada cheaper than $300 CAD would be appreciated). Amazon won't ship it here, and the only specifically Canadian retailer (Tigerdirect) is gouging Canadians at a price of $263 + shipping. When their US site has it at $215 and they ship from the same place.

crossmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2007, 10:20 AM   #574

crossmr wrote:
Quote:
This thread has to be the best resource on the web for this particular camera. It has a lot of good info. Though honestly at 29 pages its a bit unwiedly. I'm wondering if anyone has thought about modifying the first post to collect all the info, e.g.

http://forums.steves-digicams.com/fo...mp;forum_id=92

it is a great thread but never followed through with such a detailed one
Old Nov 21, 2007, 10:40 AM   #575

Thanks the only other question I had was about 8 GB SD cards, did anyone ever discover a brand that didn't work with them? I believe I saw quoted 2.5 hours record time on highest quality on an 8 GB earlier?

Old Nov 21, 2007, 11:24 AM   #576

1 gig gives me around 40 minutes so add it up it will give you320 minutes and the 1st battery be dead in 1 hour forsure

battery life no matter what you get aftermarket or orginal 100mah is the mah and np-60 is the battery sells online 10.usc shipped a few are needed

modding it up can get you a longer life using an external source. they make chargers ac suppliedand adc car charger.

hope that answered the left out part enjoy
Old Nov 21, 2007, 1:36 PM   #577

guys,

I still don't know how to check what firmware version I have

How can I see that?
the_killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2007, 3:25 PM   #578

video will help you out in 3 minutes will work from 425 pm

http://www.vimeo.com/397048

turn on camera

press mode

brings you to thescreen with the ICONS

now

on hte screen tft prress the backbutton- and- mode together done
Old Nov 21, 2007, 11:23 PM   #579

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
1 gig gives me around 40 minutes so add it up it will give you320 minutes and the 1st battery be dead in 1 hour forsure

battery life no matter what you get aftermarket or orginal 100mah is the mah and np-60 is the battery sells online 10.usc shipped a few are needed

modding it up can get you a longer life using an external source. they make chargers ac suppliedand adc car charger.

hope that answered the left out part enjoy
What battery should I order? I'm purchasing this from the tigerdirect.com website, I couldn't find a site from the US that was cheap and shipped to Canada.

They don't seem to have a lot of accessories for it, and aiptek only ships to the US. I'm really glad we got involved in that whole free trade agreement. its still a pain in the neck to order stuff.

I'm also seeing different mah ratings for these np60s, 900, 1100, can the camera only take a certain rating?

Will this work with the camera? http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applicatio...amp;CatId=2590

Old Nov 22, 2007, 2:27 AM   #580

The local dive shop, showed me information on some underwater HD camera that seems to be an re-badged GO. I forget the name, but they have an 185 feet model and an better looking sports model, probably rated at 15 feet. They also import other cameras.
Wayne12 is offline   Reply With Quote