Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Nov 22, 2007, 7:36 AM   #581

crossmr.

NP-60 2 batterys are in the Go-hd. 1000 mah are the ones in the camera

they sell for on ebay at a low price , as well as your cellphone stores.

the eveready one is 30.00 WOW too expensive

you can place a higher rated MAH should not have any extra power but will not give you any extra battery life either. it is my opininion and you must decide how you spend your $$

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2007, 6:08 PM   #582

crossmr wrote:
Quote:
fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
1 gig gives me around 40 minutes so add it up it will give you320 minutes and the 1st battery be dead in 1 hour forsure

battery life no matter what you get aftermarket or orginal 100mah is the mah and np-60 is the battery sells online 10.usc shipped a few are needed

modding it up can get you a longer life using an external source. they make chargers ac suppliedand adc car charger.

hope that answered the left out part enjoy
What battery should I order? I'm purchasing this from the tigerdirect.com website, I couldn't find a site from the US that was cheap and shipped to Canada.

They don't seem to have a lot of accessories for it, and aiptek only ships to the US. I'm really glad we got involved in that whole free trade agreement. its still a pain in the neck to order stuff.

I'm also seeing different mah ratings for these np60s, 900, 1100, can the camera only take a certain rating?

Will this work with the camera? http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applicatio...amp;CatId=2590

http://www.global-batteries.ca is a place to check out. I've ordered a set of NP60 and a charger, for a reasonable price. Shipping is from California though. Will advise when received if this is a good deal...
LarryGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2007, 8:38 PM   #583

LarryGB wrote: Thanks. I actually got a friend to order the stuff from the aiptek website. Since they were selling it with $100 worth of extras I wasn't getting from TD, I figured I might as well. So she lives in the US and has ordered it and I'll be sending her the money for it.
I should hopefully have it within a week or a week and a half. I got 3 more batteries (since there was a price break) a charger, 4 GB SD card, and one of those little bags for toting it around in case I feel the need. at $4 I figured why not. Much better deal than ordering from TD Canada.

crossmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2007, 2:21 PM   #584

marcjero:

I love the new Aiptek HD however Aiptek´s choice to use MOV file container for the H264 encoded video clips causes problems with almost all Windows video editing programs and video players. Aiptek´s CD program to install a codec to view MOV files with Windows Media viewer does not help to get the files edited and burnt to a DVD disk.

I have found, thru experimentation that it´s better to transcode the MOV files to MPEG 2 format, keeping the HD (1280x720)resolution.

A conversion program like [email protected] (freeware) with the paramenters shown on the attachment, allows to batch process your MOV files. Converted video files in MPEG format can be viewed with several video players and are easy with all editing programs.

If you want to burn a DVD you can use a DVD authoring program and edit your video files with payware programs like PINACLE VS ,ULEAD VS, MAGIX ,etc or if you just want to burn your video clips in DVD use freeware programs like DVDStyler, DVDFlick, 007DVDAuthor etc.

I list the links to get the freeware programs. in the same sites you´ll find user guides.
To download [email protected] converter click http://www.erightsoft.net/super.html
To download DVDStyler DVD author click http://www.dvdstyler.de
To download K-Lite video/audio codecs click http://www.codecguide.com/download_kl.htm

Note: K-Lite will install Media Clasic Player a program that replaces WMP and plays all audio and video formats
Attached Images

voyeurtp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2007, 2:30 PM   #585

voyeurtp wrote:
Quote:
marcjero:

I love the new Aiptek HD however Aiptek´s choice to use MOV file container for the H264 encoded video clips causes problems with almost all Windows video editing programs and video players. Aiptek´s CD program to install a codec to view MOV files with Windows Media viewer does not help to get the files edited and burnt to a DVD disk.

Note: K-Lite will install Media Clasic Player a program that replaces WMP and plays all audio and video formats
once agin excellent program, i tried it till magix was affordable and now 15.00 on a maddask.forget about vegas 8 it does not like .mov from aiptek the platnium does.

today Aiptek for 2.99 and free with certain models, still waiting a sale

http://aiptek.com/ offers a free disk arcsoft editing I pick one up not b/c its aiptek its Arcsoft
Old Nov 23, 2007, 10:28 PM   #586

Hi, I've tried encoding with Nero 8, and it seems to work great. I used the default settings to encode and burn to DVD, and it plays in my Philips DVD player fine, and with sound. I think the major software suites are getting caught up. :roll:

I still wouldn't mind a copy of Arcsoft Extreme Media to compare though!
HoneyLager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2007, 12:01 PM   #587

Anybody try the arcsoft program? How can they sell it for $2.99? On the arcsoft site Total Media Extreme is much more expensive. $79.99 for dvd and $159 for HD editing. Aiptek must just be selling a part. Which part?
kech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2007, 12:52 PM   #588

It could be a "limited edition" and restricted only to handling the MOV files from the Aiptek and rendering them only in certain formats. The idea is the person might then like it enough to buy the full program and sometimes the companies will offer special deals on upgrades.

hdguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2007, 12:57 PM   #589

as a owner of older cameras. the IS-DV came with Power director and yep had all the bells til lyou needed to burn, they limited the burn to a vcd.

so I am guessing till canylady Nj or other can do a test and see whatthey think of it.

for a few $$ well worth the disk
Old Nov 24, 2007, 3:06 PM   #590

I'm waiting for the software that will let you write an edited MOV back to the Aiptek and play it. I suspect you are too. :lol:
hdguy is offline   Reply With Quote