Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old May 9, 2007, 8:17 AM   #51

HD resolutions start at 1280x720p and move on up to 1920x1080p often referred to as 'Full HD' so the Aiptek, Sanyo and Canon SD Camcorders are currently at the lower end of HD which is understandable given their limited storage medium. Even so 1280x720p is a plenty good enough for most purposes that these cameras will be used for.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2007, 8:37 AM   #52

xphyle wrote:
Quote:
defense4212 wrote:
Quote:
xphyle, can you re-post that indoor video? I've looked through the thread and can't find a link to it. Many thanks!
Oh, MAN! My bad. I thought I upped it and it appears that I didn't. I just uploaded it. Here is the link for you all.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8G9ZEKX6

One note, and I keep saying this. This files plays perfectly on my laptop. Everything is totally in sync. On my older desktop pc, the video gets jittery/choppy. I think it depends on if your pc has the horsepower to run it or not. But you'll have to take my word for it that it is perfectly in sync if your hardware cant play it smoothly.

Xphyle
I had to watch the last part a couple of times, but yes it does seem as though they are in sync. I too was looking for that video at first :lol:

The indoor shot is very nice in hidef!

Old May 9, 2007, 12:50 PM   #53

[flash=320,256]http://feat.putfile.com/flow/putfile.swf?videoFile=CLIP0053-57" [/flash]

Questio placing the hybrid at 30 Inchs what is the width?

Looked at the video, excellent outcome I must say? i am still in a deciding mode, I'll save and sell to get if needed?

again awesome, and you're welcomed
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2007, 1:07 PM   #54

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:

Looked at the video, excellent outcome I must say? i am still in a deciding mode, I'll save and sell to get if needed?

K, that's gotta be the strangeist request ever. But I tried it anyway, and as far as I can tell doing it by myself, at 30 inches, the display shows between 22.5 and 23 inches. What does that tell ya?

Xphyle
xphyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2007, 1:44 PM   #55

I have dumb ideas at times. It tells me that the Go-hd with the higher resolution is the same as the lower res? it Aosl tells me that there is no wide angle lens o nthe hybrid or wider angle at all?

The Ispan 920 had a wider range my a few more inchs and hardely noticable but to some?

thank you for doing the test?
Old May 9, 2007, 3:15 PM   #56

xphyle wrote:
Quote:
fishycomics wrote:
Quote:

K, that's gotta be the strangeist request ever. But I tried it anyway, and as far as I can tell doing it by myself, at 30 inches, the display shows between 22.5 and 23 inches. What does that tell ya?

Xphyle
When I first played the video, I thought fishycomics was boasting :G
Old May 9, 2007, 5:26 PM   #57

RGV LMAO.........

Xyphle, the gear noise you can hear each gear go, and it is better than a electronic whine?
Old May 9, 2007, 9:30 PM   #58

xphyle (or anyone) can you advise: is the Aiptek GO-HD compatible with SDHC cards? If you believe it is (or isn't) what is your basis for that belief?

defense4212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2007, 12:13 AM   #59

That's a very good question.

Interestingly, while it mentions upto 8GB in the main advert on aiptek.com, if you download the manual it mentions a maximum of only 4GB in the specifications. Either the Manual is wrong or the details on their website are.

In anycase, if a device is officially listed as working with cards 4GB and above then officially it is supposed to compatible with SDHC since that is the official specification for cards over 2GB but it does look like the Aiptek may not support SDHC cards.

http://www.sdcard.org/sdhc/index.html

Also the cards listed on the Aiptek website upto 8GB don't look like they are SDHC so the only sure answer is to email their support.

Old May 10, 2007, 6:54 AM   #60

defense4212 wrote:
Quote:
xphyle (or anyone) can you advise: is the Aiptek GO-HD compatible with SDHC cards? If you believe it is (or isn't) what is your basis for that belief?

That's an easy one to answer. I honestly don't know. I saw what RGV said about the 4GB limit in the manual vs the 8GB mentioned on the website, as I noticed that as well when reading the manual. So I have no idea if the GO-HD is compatible with the SDHC 2.00 specification.

Xphyle
xphyle is offline   Reply With Quote