Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Dec 7, 2007, 11:36 PM   #601

i have just bought an aiptek z300HD pro, just last week, i went to us website, according to specs the Go-hd has a maximum of 8gig externeal memory, while in the aiptek in the asia website which is aiptek z300 has only 4gig which is true? can i use 8 gig in my z300 aiptek. thanks
everynationinourgeneration is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2007, 4:11 AM   #602

Looked at that dealsdirect, and they want $299AU, claiming an price of over $600 new. This can be had from on-line retailers in the US to some where near $240AU, even $299US retail translates probably roughly near $340AU, and even on ebay (which has high prices and postage) it is around $299US. Pity they couldn't offer an better deal.
Wayne12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2007, 5:29 AM   #603

reason why we Fill out profile locations.

Aiptek T300 USC 89.00

Aiptek Z300 199 USC

Aiptek 8100 LMAO

I understand there are a few places, but before you decide , see what your options are. I am sure I would have been glad to sell you mine for that price and gift wrapped:G.

1. SDHC or SC cards 32 gig accepted, they claime. you may place a higher gig card it will accept if you place in you'll se the capacity, butsometimes too much of video on a larger card I preferre to use a few over just one big one allows me to get the vid of the card faster and ifa crash.

there is no deal of a suggested retail price that someone makes up the suggested retail is 299.99.

I seen it as high as 529.99

Aiptek T300 5.0 MP Digital Camera, Video, MP3 Player, Web...

• RRP: $299.00 [/*]
  • DEAL: $149.00 [/*]
  • ALMOST SOLD OUT
Add to Cart | More Info
[/*]
  • RRP: $629.00 [/*]
  • DEAL: $299.00 [/*]
  • SAVE: $330.00 [/*]
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2007, 6:35 AM   #604

Sorry Fishy, I can't understand what you mean again.

"there is no deal of a suggested retail price that someone makes up the suggested retail is 299.99.

I seen it as high as 529.99

Aiptek T300 5.0 MP Digital Camera, Video, MP3 Player, Web...

RRP: $299.00
DEAL: $149.00
ALMOST SOLD OUT
Add to Cart | More Info
RRP: $629.00
DEAL: $299.00
SAVE: $330.00"

I guess you are referring to an different dealsdirect in different markets (which makes the price difference an even worse thing). Is that right? I had previously thought dealsdirect was in only one market.
Old Dec 13, 2007, 11:42 PM   #605

Good news. The camera arrived and all is in working order. I'm still debating whether or not to upgrade the firmware or not. Did someone have a list of what actually is changed with it?

Also, was I imaging things or did I read somewhere that this could also be used as a webcam?

crossmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2007, 10:44 AM   #606

:?Everybody has been discussing and complaining about the MOV/HD.264 format because so many Microsoft based applications due not handle this format to their expectations or the hardware is not up to par to display it smoothly.

Let me remind all you,Linux distributions like UBUNTU 7.10 already containsall of the free editors and encoders needed to handle HD.264 format. Yes, even on older Pentium 4 andsome Pentium III with 1.2GHZ or higher and 512MB memory or more.

The latest Mplayer has the latest codecs for HD.264 and ffmpeg will handle the format conversions. Cinecraft will do the editing.This is just the tip of the iceberg,there are many more media applications in the repositories and all of this is Free.
Yiftos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2007, 6:50 AM   #607

I've just got an gecube ATI 2400PRO PCI-e card for around $60US (with genuine HDMI connector on card). It is said that it's UVD video engine will now both decode and encode h264 with the latest drivers. I haven't tested it yet, because I am going through some PC system maintenance before I can install it. Will be interesting if it is generally available to editing applications. At least my new system (uses an integrated Nvidia 6100 graphics engine) seems to playback most stuff fine, through appropriate players, for now.

Does anybody know how useful this ATI encode feature is, or post me some links so I can research it?

The re-badged underwater Aiptek cameras through the local dive shop have been canned, so no Christmas camera.
Old Dec 27, 2007, 2:01 AM   #608

hensberg wrote:
Quote:
Hi All

Was anyone able to confirm the "Diagnostics Mode for the GO-HD?

"Quote"

Whilsttrying button combinations, I seem to have discovered a Diagnostics Mode on the GO-HD to test basic functions.

Switch on, press "mode" for green screen,and press "Menu" and "RWD" (bottom button on screen) simultaneously for 2 sec's. You screen will display "FLASH", "KEY", "MOTOR", "NOISE",when you toggle the joystick. Press the joystick to select the function.

FLASH has settings of 1,10 & 3000 and should operate the flash at that speed. In my case with the faulty flash, I get 1/1>NG. I presume means NO GOOD. Can someone with a working flash please test this and publish the results.

KEY indicates the function of each of the buttons i.e. FWD, PLAY, RWD, REC, MENU etc.

MOTORtests thefocus drive function and gives OK at the end.

NOISE has settings from 1 ROUND to 10 ROUND andrecordsthe ambient soundthrough the mic, while the focus motor runs in and out.

Each of the above requires the corder to be switched off or battery removed to start with other tests.

"Quote"

Flash test, when selected, cycles the flash for the number of times set on the LCD. ie, 1 - flash, 10 - flashes 10 times with recycle delay inbetween, 3000 - flashes 3000? times [ I didn't wait] after which each selection allows you to power off, or [in the case of the 3000 setting] remove all power to shut off.
Quote:
All other tests were as outlined....

LarryGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2008, 11:38 AM   #609

Hi LarryGB

Thanks for the report back on the "Diagnostics Mode". I will be receiving my replacement GO-HD after only 6 month of waiting!
hensberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2008, 6:40 PM   #610

I had to step in there till you edit . nothingwrong but someviewers may not understand. great vid
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote