Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jan 6, 2008, 7:51 PM   #611

Anything about diagnostics mode I can understand, and it is very important, diagnostic modes allow for an heap of interesting things. What was said? However I still have trouble understanding some other's posts.

"I had to step in there till you edit . nothingwrong but someviewers may not understand. great vid"
Wayne12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2008, 9:47 AM   #612

Yes I like mine very much. Excellent for the price! Only think lacking is the shake reduction.
kech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2008, 9:54 AM   #613

I got the Go-HD for christmas and love it. I have been trying to figure out how to edit clips though. I have Sony Vegas Movie Studio 8.0 but has trouble with the .mov file the Go-HD saves as. It does not pull in any audio sound when I import the file into the edit program. Can anyone help me with how to edit my videos with this program or another. Any file I can convert the .mov to that will help me be able to get the video and audio in the edit program? I have window xp. thanks
CHIPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2008, 11:47 AM   #614

Try chaning the extension to .MP4 and see if that helps. I have that program too but it was always buggy about AVC Quicktime files. They need to fix it.

hdguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2008, 1:35 PM   #615

vegas update the Quicktime to 7.3 as well.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2008, 1:14 PM   #616

I just spoke to Aiptek. They say the 1.5 firmware is the latest and that this corrects the auto-detect issue with the Mac. Unfortunately, my camera has 1.5 and auto detect still doesn't work. Aiptek didn't have any ideas. They said they can send me the firmware, but that it will just be the same. I've heard other folks use an SD card reader, but we should really be able to acess the camera as a drive. Any ideas?
jshiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2008, 4:38 PM   #617

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
vegas update the Quicktime to 7.3 as well.
Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 8.0d update still doesn't import the audio but it didn't crash on an A-HD file either. The current Quicktime is 7.4.1. Sony has some nice tools (especially color curves) but they still don't have AVCHD export which puts it behind other tools and you'd think Sony would have a vested interest AVCHD export what with BluRay.

hdguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2008, 3:35 PM   #618

First, I want to thank Fishy and all the others who have contributed to this and other forums. Tons of valuable info and suggestions.

That said, I recently purchased a GO-HD and I'd like to add my two cents.

I am a Mac user. My newer laptop is a dual-core pentium Macbook. This camcorder has worked absolutely flawlessly. It has firmware 1.5. The Mac detected the camera (no need for a card reader) and downloaded directly into iPhoto. I then use iMovie HD to edit. No problems at all. My older G4 iBook will not play the HD videos well....but the newer machine has no trouble at all.....completely smooth and bug free.

I sprung for the battery upgrade that Aiptek has on its website....and the life has been fine for a weekend around town taking clips of the family. No noticeable battery heating. There is a very small amount of noise from the autofocus.....but VERY small. I am using an 8 gig sd card purchased from the website....no issues so far.

In conclusion, I am thrilled to have this camcorder! Yes it is a stripped down and more cheaply made option...although I don't find it that bad construction-wise. Is it comparable to the other camcorders I was looking at? (Panasonic, Sanyo, Sony) Of course not...but it cost half of what I would have spent on their low-end models, and 1/4 of the high end ones. As this is my first camcorder, and since it has worked perfectly for me so far, and since prices on higher-end flash memory cameras will come down rapidly, this was a good option for me. I'm taking holiday snaps and clips, not making Lawrence of Arabia. For serious still photos, I use a proper SLR. Were I a film maker, I imagine I would use a better camera.

I think the key is to accept that you get what you pay for.....and also that with the .mov files, the camcorder is really designed for Mac users - with relatively new and powerful machines...especially for the HD video.

PS....the drop test.....dropped it while in the pouch from waist level.....survived. Also....the $1 steadycam idea works like a charm!
Pablo66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2008, 4:15 AM   #619

Hi,
I have a Toshiba Camileo Pro HD camcorder. It is not a Aiptek product but I understand that is same witch Aiptek Go HD camcorder. I want to make a udate firmware: V 1.2 to V 1.5 ( my camcorder Toshiba was 1.2) because a zoom is very noisy.

My question is: It is right to try to make a udate firmware on my Toshiba Camileo PRO HD with a 1.5 firmware by Aiptek GO-HD?

Tnx a lot

Andrew – Romania (Europe)
Attached Images

ascomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2008, 4:32 AM   #620

only if that company says so"

loading same company software to the correct model willwork.

loading same company software to any model will render the biosdead

loading different companies firmware unknown, may render bios dead. the chance you take

loading USA to european model will not get you AV INPUT features

My opinion only

your decision of XXX$$$$$

ascomp wrote:
Quote:
Hi,
I have a Toshiba Camileo Pro HD camcorder. It is not a Aiptek product but I understand that is same witch Aiptek Go HD camcorder. I want to make a udate firmware: V 1.2 to V 1.5 ( my camcorder Toshiba was 1.2) because a zoom is very noisy.

My question is: It is right to try to make a udate firmware on my Toshiba Camileo PRO HD with a 1.5 firmware by Aiptek GO-HD?

Tnx a lot

Andrew – Romania (Europe)
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote