Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old May 16, 2007, 10:39 AM   #1

Hello,

I'm currently interested in buying an Aiptek DV T300.

My question is in the title, do you think that High Speed SD cards are usefull (or juste exploited) by Aiptek's digicams, such as your "beloved" MPVR?

Does somebody already made testswith an Aiptek'g digicam and SD cards with different speeds?

For exemple, will a Corsair Secure Digital 133xgive better results than a classic Corsair Secure Digital?

I thank you for yours advices, regards,

Jukurpa...
Jukurpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 16, 2007, 11:41 AM   #2

I'm not quite sure how to take "your "beloved" MPVR?" but anyway...

These devices are designed to use regular speed cards and it is a waste of time buying higher speed cards. There is no perceivable performance benefit. In fact the higher speed cards seem to be more likely to be incompatible with these type of devices if the tests with the Sanyo's are an indication.

I often buy the cheapest cards I can and have had no problems with videoing. Having said that I don't tend to record long continuous videos that use up the full capacity of the card in one shot.

rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2007, 12:13 PM   #3

Sorry if there is a misunderstanding about the "beloved MPVR". I just meant it seems a big part of the Aiptek's topics are about the MPVR, so I just think it could have a lot of experiences with this digicam. So nothing in the wrong way...

Not for excuse, but English isn't my mother tongue (if we say that like this), so sorry again if I make huge mistakes in translation or even in the meaning of my sentences.

Anyway, thanks a lot for your answer, rgvcam.

By the way, it's the most interesting forum I've found about what I'm looking for, I haven't found a lot talking about hybrids like here.
Jukurpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2007, 5:59 PM   #4

Jukurpa wrote:
Quote:
Sorry if there is a misunderstanding about the "beloved MPVR". I just meant it seems a big part of the Aiptek's topics are about the MPVR, so I just think it could have a lot of experiences with this digicam. So nothing in the wrong way...

Not for excuse, but English isn't my mother tongue (if we say that like this), so sorry again if I make huge mistakes in translation or even in the meaning of my sentences.

Anyway, thanks a lot for your answer, rgvcam.

By the way, it's the most interesting forum I've found about what I'm looking for, I haven't found a lot talking about hybrids like here.
No need to apologize and no offence taken. It's just that 'your beloved MPVR' is a phrase that can imply potential sarcasm from a poster. I realise now that this was unintentional on your part. I guess a better phrase to use might be "the much loved MPVR" :lol:

Yes the cheap memory card camcorders are not as 'much loved' by the mainstream yet but they are getting there so stick around our community and ride the wave of the future with us.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2007, 11:41 PM   #5

Jukurpa wrote:
Quote:

My question is in the title, do you think that High Speed SD cards are usefull (or juste exploited) by Aiptek's digicams, such as your "beloved" MPVR?

Does somebody already made testswith an Aiptek'g digicam and SD cards with different speeds?

Jukurpa...
I'm being told my MDV-CB is freezing up because I'm not using a High Speed card and I think They are right. A lot of info flowing and it needs the speed AND capacity to take advantage of it. I'm going to get the 133X 4GB HSSD card from Aiptek.
psycom is offline   Reply With Quote