Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old May 24, 2007, 11:16 AM   #11

What amazes me is that Aiptek has still not addressed the problem of the slow scan rate. What I mean is that if you take a good still camera or regular Mini-DV camcorder and you shoot video of a car driving by at fast speed - then look at a single frame what you will have is a still image of a car. But with Aiptek products, even the high-end products, the car will appear slanted because the car was in a different position at the top op the screen than it was when the aiptek scanned the botom. With the higher frame-rates, it seems less noticable, but it still remains a problem. I just bought a DV5800 and that is my only real complaint with it. I mean, I expect that from a $30 camera that does movies, but you'd think for $300 you could have a frame-buffer or mechanical shutter or something.
adric22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2007, 12:46 PM   #12

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...31&forum_id=92
like the first pic in the is-dv?
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2007, 2:55 PM   #13

yes, exactly like that.
adric22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2007, 3:50 PM   #14

ha ha ha, not a pro, but it is a matter ofthe buffer collecting info to the cmos sensor, I am sure the ccd would do the same in the situation.

Aiptek will not fix this issue at all with firmware, my guess would be they already got yuor (our) money and it is a economy hybrid
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote