Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jun 9, 2007, 1:21 PM   #1

When using the zoom in d1 in both 8 and 5 meg modes it will strart off okay then begin it's gradually slow down to lock-up. takes a bit longer in the 5m mode over the 8m mode. the more features being usedthe quicker its demise. 2 new cameras have done this. putting into macro mode caused this after some zooming to.

You can see it coming. What's behind this problem? I'm thinking it has to due with sometype of "resource" lock-up sililar to the old windows 95 when you had to restart to refresh the resources. is it possible since it's a digital zoom/macro AND 8M "enhancement" I'm overloading i's little brian?

Tech suppourt never heard of this problem and told me to replace camera. I think it's a model issue since 2 new cameras did the same thing. It needs to be pulled from the shelves if it is. The only way to unfreeze it is removing the battery and then you lose the file! Not an issue without the 2 gig sd card as it fills the memory too fast to become a problem. Less than 2 minutes over the 5 it'll endure with a 2 gig card and putting it through it's paces.

Anyone have thoughts on this issue or experience it in other models? I like the camera and can do witout the zoom really. Where else can you get d1 recording with an aux input for $150.00?

Richard T
Club 21 Band

I'm donating all proceeds from the MySpace bandsite to the MAKE A WISH Foundation. Stop on by... http://www.myspace.com/club21band and make a wish!

psycom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 9, 2007, 9:53 PM   #2

Apperently the problem lies with the SD card. I need to be using a High Speed card which I am not. The camera will accept a 133 HS SD 4GB card which Aiptek sells.

UPDATE: It has a synce issue in all recording modes. Will not record in D1/8M very long before it freezes... matter of fact forget about using the 8M mode for video. It ain't happening.

Ultra ll card did make a differnce and sync problem lessens as you lower the recording mode but never disapears. Zoom is about worthless. Stalls and pixed to death at 4X. Won't operate smoothly either.

Computer sees it as a DV8800N. It DOES remeber the settings last used. Picture is a little wavy sometimes. the recording m
Old Jun 27, 2007, 10:16 PM   #3

The Camera is JUNK! Do NOT BUY MDV-CB. Audio Sync problems, wavy picuture and it'll freeze up. Aiptek has no cures. I retuned 2 of them. Even with HSSD card it failed.
Old Jul 7, 2007, 6:55 PM   #4

I agree. Mine locks up when I open the display up to turn it on sometimes. The screen lights up, but turns black. No text at all on it. really disappointed in it. Wish I would have spent a bit more and gotten the svp 8800. I need a camera with av/in port and the MDV-CB just aint very good.
claydubois is offline   Reply With Quote