Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jun 10, 2007, 11:44 AM   #1

I just purchased an Aiptek camera and I have a few questions. I tried doing a search, search seems broken so please bear with me...

First of all, on CircuitCity.com where I bought it from, it is called the "PDVR+" but on the package it says "P-DVRCB". On the Aiptek web site is is called the DV5800 (if it is the same one that I have...looks the same). On the unit under the battery it is model DZO-V58N. What version of this camera do I have and what are the differences? Heck does anyone know if the model I have is even any good? Which bring me to my next question...

Second, when recording video the audio is about one-half to one second behind the video. How can I fix this or is my unit defective?

Any help us appreciated. Thanks!
Jason
jdebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 10, 2007, 11:58 AM   #2

http://forums.steves-digicams.com/fo...mp;forum_id=92

check this link out and watch the review awesome?

1 you got a 8 meg interpolated mpvr does it have 720 res? then you're updated

2 vid aud issues need to be set to a 29.97 fps for corection. Sorry i do not bother i edit with music?

none of my videos matter if there are voices in it it is of a distance and hardely a closeup

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2007, 1:43 PM   #3

Yep, awesome review. Thanks!

It does say 8 megapixel and D1 720 on the box. So which one to I have? :lol:

Can I set the fps in the camera or only in a video editing program? This is for my son for his vacation this summer, and he doesn't have skills to edit video yet.

Thanks!
jdebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2007, 1:56 PM   #4

wel lets review here

1 mpvr has vid aud issues from day one.

the pvr pkdvr mpvr+ and on and on are grainy, may or may not have the issue

the mpvr 1501 firmware was upgraded to 1707

the pvr, mpvr+ was 3404 ( forgetting0 was upgraded to 3501 not saying if it had the issue

but again the issues are back? you have a model that came from walgreens and cc. it is a newer model today ?

I believe if Aiptek placed this out it should have been fixed, I bet it is a new chip, and the start of the newer models , bringing out the go-hd?

If you need a fix you are best to contact aiptek, they will no longer help me on otherpeoples problems so sorry?

I wonder if the go-hd has vid aud issues, they claim it does not but , if your son is going away for the summer it is best to keep simple.

I would have looked at the IS-DV not a single vid-aud issue a lil different but no av input these are the sacrafices we make?
Old Jun 12, 2007, 3:52 PM   #5

I'm surprised there aren't any inexpensive hybrids that are better. I don't mean high high quality still pics, or hd video, or anything crazy. But 640x480 30fps, mpeg4, nice still shots, no audio/video sync issues, no wavy distortion with fast movement, audio/video input.. nothing out there can do this for under $150?

I came across this review today at youtube..
http://youtube.com/watch?v=PFnjOzyccp4
..and that video distortion when he is moving the camera fast from side to side is not nice. And ofcourse the audio/video sync is unacceptable as well.

Even the little Flip Video camcorder's from Pure Digital handle audio/video sync well and do not distort the video when moving like in that youtube video.
fareal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2007, 9:49 PM   #6
dhh

hello....at our best buy the a-hd aiptek is advertised at 119.00 and target---129.99. Where did you see the better prices? on line? I just bought the aiptek a-hd from best buy---how do you know it looks older? iT'S blue and it has all orange in the upper rt hand corner of the packaging instead of the ones at target which have orange, blue , orange in the upper rt corner of pkg. The copyright on both pkgs say 2007 if that means anything. So are there any differences in the two. Is mine not going to be a s good as the one from target? should I return it? thanks.
dhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2007, 3:30 AM   #7

Target should be a black camera, that pkg wil not show anythigto tell if a new model. possable he serial number, or upc symbol

Bestbuy the camera will be one color guessing blue, b/c blue is the orginal no matter what the other color is?

1 only way to tell if you got a newer model is seeing the firmware. 12.01 is orginal 13.01 is newer anything higher is beter

But still will not cure the ISSUES Aiptek has Ennjoy your Economy camera

Bestbuy will accept arefund and not charge 15^ if you tell them how you feel about Aiptek.

Target the same but 90 days and the longer the harder to return I think
Old Oct 24, 2007, 7:29 PM   #8
dhh

hello

does firmware mean software? if so, i don't use it. i just record on a memory card and put that into the computer. Maybe that is why i am very happy with the aiptek A-HD. Great quality, easy to use, edits nicely in adobe premiere elements 4. I did a practice 5 minute movie with added effects and it made a dvd in 5 minutes which played beautifully on our big tv. i will keep experimenting with it. it is still new. but so far so good!
dhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2007, 9:10 PM   #9

Firmware is software in the camera that is stored in flash memory. It is the BIOS and operating system of the camera. Without it, the camera would be an expensive paperweight. As bugs are found in the firmware, new versions are released to update the camera. Also, new features can be added where a hardware change is not required.
Old HACer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2007, 3:35 AM   #10

perfection.

As Oldhacer mentions and

a added note your 8 meg A-Hd can be made to 12 megs with ELF file that is used to be stored on the camera. that