Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jun 11, 2007, 7:30 PM   #1

All had been working well and then..boom. When I connect to my pc to get my vids....the camera either turns of immediately or waits about 20 seconds then turns off before I can downoad my vids to computer. I have never had this problem before. Cam is a few moths old and had been working fine. The power is fully charged on the indicator. It plays fine and will shut down immediately when connected to my pc or will wait about 10-20secs and then turn off. Please help. I have the Aiptek Mpvr. Thanks a bunch!
bronzegriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 12, 2007, 3:28 AM   #2

1 unpluged from its usb port

turn on camera go to setting.

locate usb

what is it on?

make sure it is on " DISK" ntt CAMERA

then try plugging into the pc again?
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2007, 9:08 AM   #3

Yes, it is on disk. Did as you asked. Still the same thing. Stay connected for about 15 secs then the camera turns off. Sometimes it will turn off immed. after connecting to usb but mostly will stayon for about 15 secs then turn off. Also I cahged the battery to full capacity and still the same thing.
Old Jun 12, 2007, 1:58 PM   #4

Battery is bypassed on the MPVr? no battery should be needed? and tried just now no battery is needed for the MPVr but the is-dv and is-dv2

1 you may have a fualty usb port on the MPVr or Usb of the pc?, see if your connections are secure, if yes Try cleaning with the proper agent like a spray of electronic cleaner alcohol base?

this cleared up my sd card on the pc?

2 I do not have any idea after this?
Old Jun 12, 2007, 3:38 PM   #5

Well I know the usb works as I checked other electronics there and it works and tried it on different ports and the same thing happens......so I guess that is it......well....I guess its the camera or maybe the cord..either way......I guess I will figure it out.
Old Jun 12, 2007, 3:43 PM   #6

Hey, I just tried something...I connected it to my office computer and it works fine....it connects and works....so what does that mean as it relates to my home computer...is there aconflict with the driver out of the blue....I have not changed anything to my computer and it has always worked fine.
Old Jun 12, 2007, 4:32 PM   #7

pcs are funny? I bought a new HD and had to Purchase a recovery disk?

well thought I never get issues i did. andwhen I loaded the aiptek disk I had to restore to an earlier date for Muvee4 to work hmm

glad you are geting some where?
Old Jun 12, 2007, 9:06 PM   #8

Oh well...lol....I am home now and tried everything and still same problem on home pc.....everything else I plug into usbs work great....odd that out of the blue this no longer works....oh well....thanks for trying to help
Old Jun 13, 2007, 3:32 AM   #9

if it works on another pc, then try going to the control pnl and locate add hardware, andreinstall drivers possably a reset is needed?
Old Jun 14, 2007, 4:00 PM   #10

Ok, after messing around with the computer and going through a process of elimination.....I decided to go into device manager anduninstalled all the root hubs for my usb ports. A quick re-boot and after it initialzed..I plug the cam into the port and voila.....it recognized it and now all seems to be back to normal......cheers