Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Feb 19, 2008, 1:24 AM   #21

Does this work as a webcam?

I believe older versions had the webcam feature, but I can't find anything about this new Aiptek working as a webcam.
leaftye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2008, 5:44 PM   #22

right noe Aiptek is getting away from the Webcam features. i am sure there are bypasses like a vid card caption of wmm (windows moviemaker)
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2008, 3:41 AM   #23

Hey folks. I have a go-hd and love it. My friend just got one, and her's has a couple new features-- a "voice notes" mode, still images up to 8MP (i don't know if the sensor is capable of that or if it's via some bullshit onboard processing), and I believe the a/v jack has some enhanced functionality-- some sort of video import capability.

I just upgraded from firmware version 1.1 to 1.5, expecting to get her features-- but I see none. The upgrade was successful, in terms of what the camera reports as its firmware version.

So I guess my friend has newer hardware? Does anyone else have 8MP and voicenotes?

I should note-- her go-hd went bad, and she had them ship her a new one, and the replacement has the new features-- BUT, this was via Amazon and not the vendor, so it's unlikely that she "accidentally" got a new hardware rev or some such thing.
johnjosephbachir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2008, 9:37 AM   #24

Mine does have 8mb and you can select A/V in or out when pop-up comes from connecting to A/V jack.

previous post from another (dead) thread here:

Hi to all.

I just got my Go Hd today, found this forum, and checked FW version.

Full- 1.201

HW x5

Time Aug 8, 2007 16:15:52

Nand HY27US08561M

Bin hydam_z5x2.bin

hope I wrote it all down right.

If this is an upgrade, i can tell you the sound is still WAY low...

otherwise, have been having fun with 20 inch LCD on component input.

can surely see a need for a tripod with this little gem.

We're waiting for our 4gb Transcend. Funny thing, it seems to record HD fine with cheap, slow SD card. Want a laugh? 128mb = 3 1/2 +/- minutes of HD.

Also put in the son's 1gb Sandisk extreme II from his D50 and haven't had any probs either...

cygnus58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2008, 7:22 PM   #25

Well I feel pretty dumb. I think I fried my cam trying one of the updates. It said update was ok but when I went to reset it, it won't come back on. Anyone have any advice or am I just screwed. I wish I could of made my first post with out something negative but I don't really have a choice. Any help would be greatfull.
cotucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2008, 10:46 PM   #26

did you try to reflash it, I puprposely pulled the flash out and still was able to reflash try again

Old May 25, 2008, 10:59 AM   #27

It won't even turn on for me to try again. Is there away to rest the camra?
Old May 25, 2008, 11:03 AM   #28

not sure what you did.

I placed up options I try to ask AIP to correctly fix it since they sent out defective FW. that is my opinion b/c one cam is perfect from SHOP one is a dud

if you DL the options were clear?

also as well some guests will be shotting and not pressing the correct buttons, and yep put the cam into flash mode in recod,

I did that as well and I was able to quickly remove the batt for shut down, to still ahve the cm to work.

i am not saying; but am saying is it possable you are not correctly doing, overlooked or reloaded.

I , and others are not pro's like you and I miss at times. it can andwill happ to the best.
Old May 25, 2008, 11:11 AM   #29

I followed the directions as given and it said it was updateing then it said update ok, I shut the camera off and it hasn't came back on since.
Old May 25, 2008, 11:33 AM   #30

So should I just send the camera back to aiptek and let them fix or do you think there is somthing that I am not trying. I already have an e-mail out to the suport department and just waiting for them to get back to me on tuesday.

If I have to send it back to the factory I think I will just buy the new 1080p version and sell the go-hd 720p when I get it back. From what people say it takes a really long time to get it back.