Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jul 2, 2007, 9:25 PM   #1

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LK39X1PA

Just wondering if that constant noise is normal. I uploaded a non-hd 720x 480 file. Too bad there aren't more 720p recorders or at least ones that don't use Canon's idiotic M-Jpeg codec.
dvdivx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 3, 2007, 3:37 AM   #2

If you got noise lile in -

http://forums.steves-digicams.com/fo...mp;forum_id=92

over 20 videoss

then I say it is the same lott you got as mine DEFECTIVE
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2007, 10:57 AM   #3

at 1 min 30 sec the wifes voice is crisp. but that projector fealing andzooming is normal. if you at least download just one of mne it is not good?

make sure you removed that film over the screen mic is on the tft screen
Old Jul 10, 2007, 2:23 AM   #4

Well I returned the Aiptek today. Too many audio problems and no ability to use an external mike. It also has some weirdness if the camera is moved during filming too much. Overall the video quality is ok and you don't need a super powerfull pc or a 24+ inch lcd screen to edit the video.

At this point I will most likely choose between the Panasonic SD1 and the Canon HV20. I would have liked a decent camera/vid cam like the tx1 but Canon ruined it with the Mjpeg codec. I will probably end up with the sd1 since I'm stuck with a 8gb class 6 card and tape noise seems likely for quiet indoor filming.
dvdivx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2007, 3:36 AM   #5

dvdivx wrote:
Quote:
1no ability to use an external mike.
Quote:
2It also has some weirdness if the camera is moved during filming too much.
Quote:
3Overall the video quality is ok and you don't need a super powerfull pc or a 24+ inch lcd screen to edit the video.

1correct not to many hybrids have mics

2 correct th buffer if any is slower causing a delay

3 no matter what size tv , pc editing can be done
Old Jul 10, 2007, 8:41 AM   #6

dvdivx wrote:
Quote:
Well I returned the Aiptek today. Too many audio problems and no ability to use an external mike. It also has some weirdness if the camera is moved during filming too much. Overall the video quality is ok and you don't need a super powerfull pc or a 24+ inch lcd screen to edit the video.

At this point I will most likely choose between the Panasonic SD1 and the Canon HV20. I would have liked a decent camera/vid cam like the tx1 but Canon ruined it with the Mjpeg codec. I will probably end up with the sd1 since I'm stuck with a 8gb class 6 card and tape noise seems likely for quiet indoor filming.
That's a big difference in price between those and the Aiptek, not to mention that the HV20 uses tapes. If you want to get away from tapes and stick with SD then the Panasonic HDC-SD1 is the way to go. If I had a spare $8-900 that is the one I would be getting.

If you do get the Panasonic, do drop by with a sample or two as I'd be very interested to see some. You'll have to convert them to the nearest quality windows media format though, as there is currently no free codec that will play their AVCHD files. I know as I have looked :-)

Yes Canon seem to be avoiding the use of more efficient codecs in their cameras. Some say it might be so they don't compete too much with their regular camcorders.

Oh have you also looked at the Sanyo HD1/2 series of Hidef SD memory card camcorders?

rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2007, 11:46 PM   #7

I ordered one for a friend and got exactly the same constant sound in the background. This of course is nothing to do with the autofocus mechanism. I have returned it to amazon.com the very next day and am awaiting the replacement which hopefully won't have the same defect. Other than that it is a really impressive camera. It certainly doesn't feel 'cheap' at all. It actually feels quite well built.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote