Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jul 13, 2007, 1:56 PM   #1
GBM

Hi everybody,

I've been searching the net for a while now for more information on the 'hybrid' camera's. I'm am considering an Aiptek Z200 Pro, which is equal to the Aiptek MZ-DV

Reading the forum Ihaven't been able tofind anydetailed userinformation aboutthis camera. I already found some information about the noizy focusing. I normally use DV-tape camera, but just want the MZ-DV as a compact device I can bring everywhere. I'm aware of the fact I can't compare the footage with DV-tape camera, but has anybody got some test footage of the MZ-DV camera?

Thanks in advance
GBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 13, 2007, 2:50 PM   #2

welcome aboard first

the Aiiptek videos are mostly all the same

1. 3 mb sensors will be the mpvr IS-DV video the mpvr will be a tad brighter, while the IS-DV a lil darker

2. the mpvr+, pvr will be a 5 mb sensor and be a grainer video in ways?

3 the mz-dv or z200 should be the same as the zoom-dv, and may be found in the sample if not Oldhacer may have posted one up? I am sure there are some there by another member off hand my miond is tired?

only difference will be 720x480

I concider spending just a few dollars more for example the mz gesfor 199, while 29.00 more get the go?

hope this helps out just a lil?
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2007, 4:24 PM   #3

GBM, I would always advise purchasing it from a place where you have a return period if possible, even if it means paying a little extra since one man's ideal camera may not be yours.

At least you have the right attitude in realising that it won't compare with your miniDV although I have to say that some of the better mpeg4 cameras such as my Sanyo C40 do give the hi8 cameras a run for their money and I certainly won't bother with analog formats again.

At the end of the day, as long as the video is acceptable to you, then you will find the convenience of these cameras outweighs the tape camcorders anyday at least for general use.

I have an MPVR which is very similar to the MZ-DV only it just has a fixed lens. While the video is not going to be as sharp as a miniDV I have actually made some Video CD's that were actually quite acceptable on my 27" TV!
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2007, 4:30 PM   #4

Melow MZ-guy posts in the sample . hope this helps out

RGV, brings up a great point?

prefrence is best needed?

200.00 can get you a number of devices an always leave a few extra $$ for an upgrade. economy or pro.

More MZDV samples:

D1 720x480 indoor action, wide angle, stabilizer on
mzdvguy[/i]
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2007, 7:08 AM   #5
GBM

Ok then thanks for the replies, read some more information now and seen some vids from it here on the forum, which helped out a lot. A little bit disappointed with the vids the MZ-DV produces, seen some better vids from hybrid camera's around. I think I'd better save my money on this buy and spend it on a real (2nd)camcorder later on this year.

The stabilizer of this MZ-DV does strange things during recording. I think it is very distracting while watching it.

I also considered the go-HD version, but for that kind of money (and all the bad stories around) I really like to save for a real HD cam Everioof JVC or something. Although the vids made with the go-HD are not that bad at all. At least not from the ones I've seen. But like I sad, why spend a lot of money on a camera with side-effects while double the money will get you a decend one. It's very important for me I can use the video's it produces, and sadly enough I don't think I can with the quality it has now.

I think the gadget-effect of the hybrid camera's are more appealing to me than the output of it....
GBM is offline   Reply With Quote