Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jul 23, 2007, 1:39 PM   #1

Hi,
I'm after a hybrid that will perform ok indoors and lowish light conditions. I'm not really bothered about the fact the aiptek hd-go can do 720p as my pc is not fast enough to play it back or re-encode within a reasonable time scale. I've seen so many samples and pictures im just confused, is the image stablizer on the cg65 any good? My understanding is the hd-go doesn't have one, so does it suffer without one?
I just want a simple camera that does reasonable picture and video quality with an optical zoom. So which one should I go for?
Thanks in advance.

Herbs

herbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 23, 2007, 2:30 PM   #2

i say the sanyo ofer 6.7 ,eg and 5x opt that is enough to sell me
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2007, 2:49 PM   #3

Thanks for the quick reply, I've just ordered the cg65 I was more or less set on this one but just wanted to see if the go-hd was worth the extra money.
Old Jul 23, 2007, 3:35 PM   #4

You basically placed an order already? RGVcam would probably tell you as well, but it is a decision one must make

1 if you can compare in hand yes a perfect choice on keeping one?

I had my hands and reviewed the go-hd I luv'd it will purchase again . but wonder if other modelswill follow soon. the SAnyo came out and holds a strong ground ? when you get it Please post some shots here as well?

Aiptek iscatering to the economy if you want a less expensive model with a lot of bells and whistles not this timethey taken them away.
Old Jul 24, 2007, 9:29 AM   #5

I have the low end Sanyo C40 and I like it very much. The CG65 also uses the better h264 video codec (as does the Aiptek GO-HD). I ordered the GO-HD and the video is very nice,but the had to return them due to defective audio. The Sanyo's also have more control such as manual focus, focus lock etc. which the Aiptek's don't have.

While High Definition is nice to have, for family videos I find the standard defintion Sanyo is good enough and of course it's easier for PC's to handle, especially if you want to send someone the original video clip.

You say you wanted to see if the GO-HD was worth the extra money. The Sanyo is actually more expensive. What prices were you seeing for the Sanyo CG65?

Once the better branded definition cameras come down to the price range of the current standard definition cameras, then I think will be the time for me to move up.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2007, 12:44 PM   #6

Hi,
Thanks foir your reply, I'm from England the go-hd has only just been released here and has a price of approx £220 on qvc with a 2GB stick and around £200 on the net in the UK the few shops that sell it. Checking around you pay about $299 for it over there, which proves in the uk we pay way over the odds as the exchange rate is £1 to $2. The cg65 can be had for £177 online, but is around £229-249 in the shops. Ironically I just spent 3 weeks in the states and didnt believe I needed a new camera until I came back and reliased how much I missed by not having a camcorder. I just didn't want to carry a camera, camcorder and tapes and batteries around, then I saw the hybrids which I had written off as rubbish after seeing a mustek one a few years back. So i am looking forward to just slipping the cg65 in my pocket and taking clips and photos.

Regards Herbs.
Old Jul 24, 2007, 1:10 PM   #7

Herbs were you on the DWi site that went under Digital world info site Musteks?

Old Jul 24, 2007, 1:24 PM   #8

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
Herbs were you on the DWi site that went under Digital world info site Musteks?

No that wasn't me.
Old Jul 26, 2007, 8:14 AM   #9

Hi,
Here is a capture of an airplane coming in to land near where I work
http://www.viddler.com/herbs/videos/1/
It seems viddler re-encodes it, as the film is not as pixellated
Old Jul 26, 2007, 10:24 AM   #10

herbs wrote:
Quote:
Hi,
Here is a capture of an airplane coming in to land near where I work
http://www.viddler.com/herbs/videos/1/
It seems viddler re-encodes it, as the film is not as pixellated
Herbs.. you didn't mention what camera that was taken with.. Anyway, as to the original question. I guess it depends if cost is a factor. I think the Sanyo you asked about is much more expensive than the Aiptek Go-HD. However, keep in mind that the Go-HD should be able to do record in lower resolution modes, such as 640x480 if you don't want the high-def video.

I think I've decided what I'm going to do. I'm probably going to go for a Sanyo Xacti myself, probably a used one off of ebay for around $150 or so. It isn't High-Def, but the video quality to me looks nearly on par with what you'd expect from a Mini-DV camcorder, ony as small and convenient to carry as any digitical camera or other hybrid.
adric22 is offline   Reply With Quote