Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jul 23, 2007, 3:20 PM   #1

Is camera any good, I have to replace my Aiptek DV5700 soon becouse LCD is partially damaged. Is T300 better model in image quality and movie quality? I need some samples does anybody have this camera? It has lots of features which I like such as lyrics display when practising songs and webcam and so on, but I also want image quality better than my DV5700, T300 has CMOS so is it better when recording movies in low light, with DV5700 I can't take any low light movies.

PocketDV T300

Alan Wake is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 23, 2007, 3:23 PM   #2

below is a link for the best model, in some eyes? and below that is the same model you're asking about? the t300 is the same as the IS-DV2, it is the next step up on the old IS-DV model, but has a better desing to it? if you ask me I like the design?

1 swival scren is better than none

2 2.0 is better than 1.5-8

3 a memory where last pic/vid was left off, and able to continue after deletion A plus in my book

4 low light well old chip , and that means not good.

5 leds are just that for geting out of a dark place?

look more into the review, some will be able to comment, but not on an overseas model? here in the USA

http://forums.steves-digicams.com/fo...mp;forum_id=92

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=92

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2007, 3:37 PM   #3

Thanks for quick reply but I didn't mean Z300 but T300 here:

http://www.aiptek.com.tw/english/product/dv/dvt300.htm

http://www.pixmania.co.uk/uk/uk/5727...fichetechnique

Pixmania claim it is high definition camcorder but it obviously isn't, they must be mistaken this camera to Z300. It is only 720x480 and MPEG4 SP, it isn't much but it is better than 640x480 MPEG4 SP and with CMOS censor it must be better.

Other question does it have frame buffer or not, anyway is picture buffer necessary with CMOS censor or is it fast enought to produce non tilted movies without buffer? I have noticed that my DV5700 doesn't have any buffers.

Edit: I also noticed also other link to IS-DV2 model review, but it is T100 as you mentioned in review, does anybody have reviews or experience with T300?

I just found out this from Aiptek, my wait is finally over, H100 is camera which I have been waiting for since my DV5700 was broken, H100 records also MPEG4 ASF (Windows format) and it is modeled like real camcorder just like DV5700, YES!
I always hated all those vertical models they just doesn't fit for me.

http://www.aiptek.com.tw/product/dv/dvh100.htm

http://www.aiptek.com.tw/asian/engli.../dvh100pro.htm

Old Jul 23, 2007, 4:19 PM   #4

T300 is the IS-DV2but of higher standards
Old Jul 23, 2007, 5:15 PM   #5

Yes, I think T300 is something like IS-DV2+ in US market with 5 MP CMOS sensor. My other choise could be real camcorder like JVC or Canon, but no I really don't like to edit anything or spend time converting movie footage to computer format. I haven't never tried miniDV camcorder but I think miniDV editing is tedious job, isn't it? First you download huge sized footage from firewire to computer then edit it and convert to MPEG2 and burn to DVD, who has time for that? I prefer doing something else like watching those movies and clips I have taken. And who is carrying their camcorders always with them, becouse they are too bulky, I am and with DV5700 it is easy to slip in my pocket. My other choises could be Panasonic SDR-S10, but it has maybe too bad quality movies for such high priced equipment, even SDR-S10 extra battery costs 97 € think about that and only 640x480 still pictures what a laugh. I also considered Aiptek Z300 and even Panasonic HDC-SD1 but my old equipment (TV and computer) can't show high definition video at all, so thats it. Hard disk camcorders with good 5 MP picture mode are over priced also, becouse I already have Canon S2 IS camera for high quality pictures and short movie clips so why bother. I have been very pleased with DV5700 it has so many features in it, webcam, digital still camera, camcorder and MP3 player, but MP3 player could be better if display could shut off while playing to save battery, especially webcam quality is very good. Samsung has some kind of DivX camcorder SC-MX10 coming in september, but I guess Aiptek has better experience making affordable MPEG4 camcorders, I bet Aiptek has half price than Samsung in their camcorders and many more features.
Old Jul 23, 2007, 10:54 PM   #6

I had the DV5700 (known as the IS-DV here in the USA) until I lost it. It was quite a decent little camera. Sadly I think the range went downhill a little bit after that camera with audio/sync issues and image problems instead of making significant improvements.

The T300 is basically an IS-DV2 with a larger swivelling LCD.

From reading reviews about the Samsung MPEG4 cameras, they all seem to suffer from poor image quality. I don't know why since it's not like Samsung don't have the know how.

Instead of bringing out the IS-DV2 which is a totally different design than the IS-DV, I think they should have improved on the proven IS-DV by adding a better lens and larger LCD. I always prefered the design of the IS-DV.

rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2007, 6:23 AM   #7

There is finally some samples from T300 in internet, but what are those black artifact lines can somebody tell me, something to do with buffering or contrast? This camera looks like worth to buy for that price range about 100€.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49fIuoxoIQM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTPXlIMlNWU
Old Sep 28, 2007, 10:13 AM   #8

I'm not 100% sure.. but I think those lines are actually comming from the plane's props, which may be moving in front of the camera. Since Aiptek uses a bizzare form of (or lack of) framebuffering and processing, this may be the result. For example, if you take an Aiptek into a room lit by old fluorescent lights (even with the flicker-free setting enabled) you get something that looks similar to that.
adric22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2007, 12:05 PM   #9

1t300is a G-HD as well

now as mentioned in another post thevideo will pick up interference in Audio, this is very simular as well it is super close to a electronic or magnetic field?

not the propellers?

casuing those ripples? the camera also is modified if you asked me the lens removied from the camera's base? but the only way we can find out is asking the owner or copyrights of the video?

Is it worth buying? Economy hec yeah professional well a decision must be made
Old Sep 28, 2007, 3:56 PM   #10

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
not the propellers?
Well, if you notice the pattern stops as soon as the propeller is turned off and the plane begins to glide. Also, if you noticed the pattern is a semi-circle on the bottom of the image, meaning we're only seeing the top of the propeller. If you want absolute proof, watch very carefully when the the engine is being shut off. You can actually see the propeller in the image for a single frame. If you can't spot it, I might be able to get a screen grab for you.
adric22 is offline   Reply With Quote