Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jul 28, 2007, 6:05 PM   #11

aiptek go 720p review has direct downloads to sample? forget about sound you are going to be amplified with noise as the mpvr is sensitive to sound?

the mpvr is an online only purchse by me if it is by you it is already sold out.

1 1/2 hr batt time have no idea what the other one is?

my bike ride car ride are just videos that show you can do anything with these

i just made a film and I'll tell you my pro cam was soft in sound the mpvr sweet loud?

youyune is not good to show footage but hmmm it passes
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2007, 6:26 PM   #12

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
aiptek go 720p review has direct downloads to sample? forget about sound you are going to be amplified with noise as the mpvr is sensitive to sound?

the mpvr is an online only purchse by me if it is by you it is already sold out.

1 1/2 hr batt time have no idea what the other one is?

my bike ride car ride are just videos that show you can do anything with these

i just made a film and I'll tell you my pro cam was soft in sound the mpvr sweet loud?

youyune is not good to show footage but hmmm it passes

I'm not too concerned with sound as all you hear is the bikes engine and a lot of wind noise anyway.

I just want the quality vid.

I looked for the Apitek 720p and circut city doesn't seem to have them, but it looke like they are around 300.00 which is above my budget.

djeclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2007, 6:44 PM   #13

ah forget it you did not understand :G

mpvr 8:45 http://www.megaupload.com/?d=AYZQ26MA

mpvr drive http://www.megaupload.com/?d=K7MA9D3V

rather not spoon feed but you get the idea now sorry bout the sarcasm
Old Jul 29, 2007, 3:01 AM   #14

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"ah forget it you did not understand :G

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000" mpvr 8:45 http://www.megaupload.com/?d=AYZQ26MA

rather not spoon feed but you get the idea now sorry bout the sarcasm
I'm still lost. I am such a noob, sorry..

I went out and got the DCS 521, tried it out in my garage and it seems to work pretty well. I will wire it up and mount everything tomorrow. The Camera did seem to show black as blue, but I assume that is a setting somewhere.

Now I just need to find a mic to use and I'm set... Any suggestions on what kind of mic ot get or even where to get one that uses RCA?

Thanks for the help guys
Old Jul 29, 2007, 4:46 AM   #15

DXG 521 Roadster is a poor choice imo. I bought one also for recording from my motocycle, got a nice bullet cam setup too.

The recording quailty from the internal camera was fairly good, chrisp, sharp and had consistant bitrate, soon as I plugged in my bullet cam all this changed, quailty wasnt anywhere near as good, poorly pixalated and the bitrate jumped all over the place, recording at 640x480 max quality would sometimes fill up a 2GB memory card in 15mins or other times 45mins (Using the internal camera, which has better quaility, would last atleast 1hr30mins before the SD card was full)

Another VERY annoying bug was 90% of the time for no real reason the whole video would get blury and stay that way until you rebooted the machine. I found a way to reproduce the bug 100% of the time. Basically you point the camera at a dark place then quickly to a light place e.g. inside an unlit room, then quick point it outside on a bright place by the time it's come back again the image quality has halfed. I even plugged in my proper camcorder and it produced the exact same results.

I've emailed DXG many times, sent them video clips, screen shots, took details of bitrates. They actually turned around and said it was perfectly fine, The guy was a muppet, he said it was an focus issue and made up all other stupid excuses too. To me it's all software issues, they just didnt bother testing the TV-In functions but they wouldnt admit this or issue me an updated firmware.

Useless company.
DynaMight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2007, 6:06 AM   #16

djeclipse wrote:
Quote:

I went out and got the DCS 521, tried it out in my garage and it seems to work pretty well. I will wire it up and mount everything tomorrow. The Camera did seem to show black as blue, but I assume that is a setting somewhere.

Now I just need to find a mic to use and I'm set... Any suggestions on what kind of mic ot get or even where to get one that uses RCA?

Thanks for the help guys
mpvr 8:45 http://www.megaupload.com/?d=AYZQ26MA

see the link? you click it. then you download it andyou watch it? then you decide on it the resolution will beat theuality of the camera, and not youtube

. now that you confessed you are a noob to being ion the pc all is understood, or is it to the hybrid?

it is not hard to go at get the mpvr and try it out/

if it is not to your liking ? i want my refund please, they wave the 15 % restocking fee 99% the time?

Old Jul 30, 2007, 9:29 AM   #17

Thanks for the help everyone,I do appreciate it.

fishycomics wrote:
[quote]djeclipse wrote:
Quote:

Thanks for the help guys
mpvr 8:45
Old Jul 30, 2007, 9:31 AM   #18

fishycomics, and I see that the quality of the movie is actualy great, I never realized how much Youtube distorted things.

Anyway, I finally got my system hoked up and tookit for a test run. Unfortunately I have to say I should ahve listened toyou and got the Apitek as this DXG is a POS!

DynaMight, you replied after I had already bought the DXG... I am finding the same issues as you have with this unit, and more.

The camera keeps freezing when you try to go from AV in mode to anything else, and the video I have recorded does nto play back on the camera itself,it will play about 40 seconds and tehn freeze. I am going oreturn the camera today and get the Apitek.

The only Apitek available right now is the Apitek IS-dv2 for $100

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Aipte...Detail.do#tabs

The others are sold out in may area, and i am at the track tomorow, so I ahve to get something tonight after work.

[align=left]If the IS-DV2 will record AV in I'll get that unit as I need something tonight.

Thanks again

[/align]
Old Jul 30, 2007, 10:12 AM   #19

Oh, no,i just realized that the IS-DV2, does nothave video in capabilities, just the MPVR. Which of course is out of stock.
Old Jul 30, 2007, 11:58 AM   #20

Mine hasnt froozen much, but I wish I found these problems before because I bought mine on a visit to the US so cant take it back and it would cost an arm and a leg to send it back (Which I'm pretty sure they just screw me over and either replace with an indentically faulty unit or say it's perfectly fine then charge me)
DynaMight is offline   Reply With Quote