Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jul 31, 2007, 4:14 PM   #1

Has anyone had the chance tocompare video from the new Kodak Z1275 with that fromthe Aiptek GO-HD? Both will do 720p at 30 fpsand are in a similar price range, but wanted to get some real world test data before making a decision on which one to go with. Thanks.

sg333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 31, 2007, 4:47 PM   #2

welcome to the site Sg333?

Man this camera looks awesome? have you found any samples or any owners??

I would not even attempt to purchase a GO! i say try both out and see that the kodak may win with the settings, Aiptek has zippo my new member ZIPPO.so if you wnat control to turn off the Af or even machro nope.

added note* searching i found 199.99 lowest price, the webpage is now gone 224-236 was the prices i find now? somesay it has issues till one owns this model and thatwill start in Aug 2007 one will know.

http://www.kodak.com/eknec/PageQueri...q-locale=en_US

Life. In high resolution.

12 megapixels

5X SCHNEIDER-KREUZNACH VARIOGON Optical Zoom Lens

High-resolution 2.5 in. (6.4 cm) color display

High ISO mode

Digital image stabilization

KODAK PERFECT TOUCH Technology

Smart scene mode

Panorama stitch mode
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2007, 1:14 PM   #3

Looks interesting. Another 1280x720 camera. That's what we need, more competition!

I would certainly like to see some samples though. Kodak cameras have a tendency to use very low bitrates and over compress on their mpeg cameras from the reviews that I have read of past models.

rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2007, 11:11 AM   #4

I would love to see sample clips and pics too! Would also like to know the size of the imager and who makes it. All I can find are those glorified advertisment "reviews" for it :sad:

Hey it has a Schneider lens!

Here is some more info, overall rating was bad,
http://www.popphoto.com/camera_revie...are_z1275.html

sample pic,
http://img20.imageshack.us/my.php?im...a662341nn9.jpg

as soon as I find a sample clip I will post, so far I'm reading there is a purple fringing problem
MorePixels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2007, 12:03 PM   #5

Ok I found out the size of the imager! 12MP, 1/1.72 CCD

also, I found more still pics and they were all stunning, not posting the link cause its on another forum. If its ok by mods I will.

But I was able to find a video clip!

"Video seems to be recorded at 1MB/sec, so this 26 sec clip is 26 megs. The quicktime mpeg4 seems to do a decent job at compressing the file. During movement there seems to be some macroblocking, but at 720p it's not too annoying. Zoom during recording is nice, makes a little noise that you can hear if it is quiet. Auto focus does a pretty good job, and it looks like white balance autoadjusts as well. I figured since the camera advertised digital stabiliation that it also applied to video, but apparently it does not. Odd thing is when recording it looks like it does have some stabilization, but playing the file back directly after it seems more jerky. Hopefully it's a feature they plan on adding in a later firmware upgrade. Battery time is pretty decent. The original non-rechargables they supplied lasted a day and a half, but I was fooling with the camera on and off all day. Rechargables seem to have a pretty decent life."
(quote not mine)
btw it has had a firmware upgrade already.
To view clip you must enter code on page and wait 45 seconds, download the file and view it on your PC, worth the hassle I think!
And now the sample clip (26MB), IMHO is pretty decent, what do you think?

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SBBCSJQE
Old Aug 7, 2007, 1:36 PM   #6

Please post hte link if not the topic is locking:G

kidding we like- I like to see it? viewing the vid within secs

the 1st pic was a machro shot if directed on the proper object yes a great shot?. I am notr perfect either LOL

Just finished watching the video, man that is awesome, just a lil shaky with the device I say not the persons fualt. zoom is too fast , thestop or parking sign hmm not perfect the mower makes it sound soft the sound
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2007, 2:05 PM   #7

Ok, I did not post the direct link as it is from another forum, you can read the the whole thread. There are no direct vid links, the user uses megaupload for his vids, which means they must be downloaded to view, not a bad idea as it seems like a nice way to share native files.

Any way I still want to see more sample pics, here is the link
http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...ssage=23912222