Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Aug 4, 2007, 2:30 AM   #1

I realize it's kind of an apples to oranges comparison but what are the members thoughts (pro's and con's) on these two hybrid cams?

From the info I've been able to find, it looks like the Sanyo has better build quality, better (or at the very least equal)low light, and better pan imaging.

The Go has the HD advantage, but in a sub $300 cam, Im not sure this is a big issue.

I'm a total novice when it comes to cameras of this type so any input(including personal opinions) would be appreciated,especialy since there aren't any localretailers that have both on hand for me to check out in person.

Thanks all.

bjensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 4, 2007, 5:47 AM   #2

welcome aboard

the aiptek Go is not an On hands camera atthis moment , it should have been by this time?

you are bestto Purchase, tryit out, and return it I say the same for the sanyo?

that means the sanyo may also not befound in a store, or most stores but you have a better chance of Finding it?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1177717628879

Yep the sanyo is a H264 hybrid

Now if you ask me stabilization the sanyo, not aiptek

5x opt sanyo 3x aiptek

battery life 80 min sanyo 30 min aiptek

Stereo recording Sanyo, aiptek mono/mono

editing software sanyo aiptek just windows mediaplayer software

Readingthe specs that is what I get, sanyo being a way better camera for more money?

Isay it is a real decision now

Kodak Z1275

sanyo

aiptek

caasio EX-V7

more and more H264 compressed cameras of M-peg4 are coming out

more and more
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2007, 8:31 AM   #3

Actually the CG6 is regular MPEG4, it's the CG65 that is h264 but even so I would recommend the Sanyo over the GO-HD. The GO-HD seems to have quality issues at the moment with regards to the sound plus the Sanyo has manual controls such as focus lock etc. whereas everything is automatic on the GO-HD.

rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2007, 9:08 AM   #4

dam I thought I pointed to the sanyo E1

Yep I did h264, andwaterproof to 5 feet i standcorrected.

Our Price: $499.99

Sanyo Xacti E1 6MP Waterproof Camcorder with Flash Drive and 2.5" LCD Monitor - Yellow

Model: VPC-E1YL

Now you can capture memories in even more places with this waterproof camcorder that shoots simultaneous stills and video. The image stabilizer reduces the blur caused by your hand shaking for smooth results.
  • 5x optical/12x digital zoom [/*]
  • 2.5" LCD monitor rotates up to 280° for improved viewing [/*]
  • 1/2.5" CCD with 640 x 480 pixels; 6-megapixel digital photographs [/*]
More Options

Product Features

From our expanded online assortment; not available in all Best Buy stores

wS('5','1')

wS('1','5')

wS('5','4')

Waterproof up to 5' of depth for up to 30 minutes for fun underwater shots

wS('5','1')

wS('1','5')

wS('5','4')

Superfast startup time gets you up and running in as little as 1.7 seconds

wS('5','1')

wS('1','5')

wS('5','4')

Provides simultaneous shooting of still images and video

wS('5','1')

wS('1','5')

wS('5','4')

Built-in digital image stabilization minimizes picture blur due to camera movement for images and video

Flicker reduction and wind noise reduction ensure you get the clear, crisp sound you need

Preprogrammed auto exposure with manual control

18MB internal memory; stores video and photos on stamp-size Secure Digital (SD) and Secure Digital High Capacity (SDHC) memory cards (not included)

Built-in stereo microphone captures rich audio

Outputs: 1 composite video, stereo audio, headphone jack, USB 2.

AVC/H.264 video compression reduces file size for speedy uploading or e-mailing of your photos to friends and family

Sleek, ergonomic design with easy-to-use, 1-thumb interface

Sanyo Software Pack 8.7 included to let you organize, rename, watch, edit, print and e-mail digital videos and photos
Old Aug 4, 2007, 1:29 PM   #5

He was talking about the CG6. The E1 is more expensive than both the C6 and CG6. In fact I think it's a little overpriced myself. Unless you need it to be waterproof, the C6 and CG6 are much better value.

I just remembered that Walmart currently have the CG6 in their local stores for $299. It's a solid looking camera with a larger screen than my C40.
Old Aug 4, 2007, 1:35 PM   #6

I am bad. a demeret for me? thanks forcorrecting me Rgvcam a bad day forsure

heat got to me LOL
Old Aug 4, 2007, 3:27 PM   #7

No problem, we all have our off days :lol:
Old Aug 4, 2007, 11:49 PM   #8

Thanks for the response guy's.

I think I'm leaning more and more to the Sanyo (my local Wally World doesn't have one in stock at the moment, but thought they would by the end of next week)

It's a shame to me that the CG6 isn't H264, but from what I've seen (sample clips and stills)it still perfoms better in "low light" (and to a certin extent, all around) then the CG65

As for the other suggestions made by fishy, well.......

The Kodak looks like a nice camera, but I plan on using the device primarily as an ultra portable vid cam, so the form of the Kodak to me seems wrong for that use (though I admit I haven't seen one in person)

I like the Casio Exlim line, and have thought about replacing my MinoltaDiMage X with a Casio Exlim, but again, in this case I would use the Casio mainly as a still image camera and not for video.

Thought about the Cannon TX-1 (which I've seen for a slight bit more then the Sanyo or Aiptek, but not much), but it seems like it would feel like holding a brick (granted a light brick)

While the (semi)waterproof feature of the Sanyo E1 is a cool feature, I don't know that it is worth the extra cost they charge for it. Also Im not sure how often I would use it, but if it turned out it was a feature I wanted to use often, it looks to me like the Snapper-Suit would fit the Sanyo (can anyone confirm this?) and is rated to 12ft

If anyone else has any input on this, feel free to add it!

Thanks again

bjensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2007, 2:27 AM   #9
FLG

You will be happy with CG6 and MPEG4 than H264.With Canon and his outdated JMotion you will need a bunch of cards,like 13 minutes/card wich is a joke.
I did test Aiptek (is going back) and only other left is Xacti HD2. I still look for one from a vendor with good return policy.
After watching samples from CG65 I stop to nearby Walmart and grab a CG6 wich is doing
very good videos until now.Beside that 30 days return policy and you can buy extended warranty for 2 years for $19.99
FLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2007, 5:27 AM   #10

very happy you are making our choice, do not take the casio as a major camera it is a 5050 chance , the one I have one pic out of hmmm a few ? only one comes out good?

kodak is to new to decide but h264 and the canon well I left that bad boy out

you do not want such a small screen for such a high price camera LOL

yep return policy try one test it and return it

Is the best advice we can giv today

If an online Purchase it is to hard, unless it is a Walgreens LMAO