Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Aug 7, 2007, 10:11 AM   #1

These clips were taken together at same time. Purpose is not to smoke the Aiptek using a higher res camera. But simply to show how each handled difficult lighting.

These clips were shot a canal. Sun plus cloudy intervals, water, trees, shadows, bright spots. My experience has been that the Aiptek I have does poorly under these conditions. Also it consistently displays wavy pics in 90% situations, and flairing, more then I'd like to see. Panning is not so good either. Easily distorts.

I may have a bad unit because I have seen much better sample pics from other users! Please tell me if these are common attributes of the PDVR or if u think I may have a bad unit. (thx)

In comparison you will see the sanyo cg6 had little problems under the identical conditions. Occasional flairing as can be expected from almost any digital camera, but it has a very good metering system and can handle different lighting situations better. Granted it better for the price! Panning did not show the usual distortion, but panning with any DV even miniDV is a challenge. I'm satisfied with its abilites but would still like to see more improvement. I am more concerned in learning if I have a bad PDVR or if thats about what to expect.

I decided to try Viddler after looking at adric22's latest samples. I hate youtube's compression and resolution, its fine for sharing vids, but when trying to show test clips? Not so good.

The Aiptek PDVR
http://www.viddler.com/MorePixels/videos/1/

The Sanyo CG6
http://www.viddler.com/MorePixels/videos/2/
MorePixels is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 7, 2007, 10:29 AM   #2

You need to go back and click the "public" checkbox. Right now the clips aren't letting anyone watch them because we don't have access privledges.
adric22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2007, 10:39 AM   #3

done, thx, try them again.
MorePixels is offline   Reply With Quote