Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Aug 8, 2007, 5:53 PM   #1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRTcMag8TZQ

here is a lil video clip, As i will soon be ordering a mount to the Windshield, b/c the casio holds up pritty strong in my filming needs?

I have the setting which I need to do every time when turning on is "set " to manual focus?

I'll try to do ~ setting which stays on?

I get a solid no shake or blurred vid?

My IS-DV, I thought had a wider vie but the same?

The MPVr or GO will probably be to high for the head rest or even the mount? TheCasio is like and looks like a GPs unit so i can get away from looking like i am filming LOL.

So back to why I capture moments?

Today I set out grabbed some severe lightning storm while driving, and even got a great shot of a rock hitting the car. only if the camera had a wide angle lens LMAO?

now I have edited the footage I have minipulated the video, I used two programs Ulead video suiete 8se, win movimaker, and animation shop as well?

I am more catered to asf, and avi, now adding .mov in there as well. .Mov takes a little longer due to converting with other programs, but it gets the job done?

The video is uploaded on youtube so i hope you enjoy the clip?

when filming my rides somethingalways happens, and you just cannot film 10 secs, I got t odo the whole trip LOL enjoy

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 8, 2007, 6:49 PM   #2

Nice clip! Enjoyed it! I love recording road stuff too, but I really liked your lightining storm part the best!
MorePixels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2007, 8:18 PM   #3

ha ha ha , thank you very much. Wished i kept filming had great shot of lightning but felt I was just shooting wastedfilm?

the first flash, I thought I left enough time for the lightningstrike of the program?

In this capturedshot yousee the strike beginning, that is of the program/

amd then you see it as the real flash is happening in the last captured pic.

it is overlayed nicely in there? the footage wasshot with the Casio Ex-V7 if I had a windshiled mount hmm be a better shot LOL

agai nthank you , this is why I try my best to keep people interested in these hybrids what they can do? the Aipek Go is a real good camcorder, only if they opted for a manual setting itwil capture nightlife better than ever?

Old Aug 8, 2007, 8:47 PM   #4

I'm totally in love with the hybrid design! This was long over due!!! I'm pretty much a amateur videographer/photographer. Although I do boring sales promo's, thats just work, no fun! So I take advantage of the tax write off on this stuff and invest in cool stuff I actually enjoy using. Don't get me wrong pro equipment is fun to use, but because of size and weight you just don't feel like grabbing your gear every time you leave the house! With hybrids its no trouble at all.

Photography is all about having fun! You can't have too much fun if your lugging around 60 pounds of cameras and lenses! What your doing is pure fun and entertaining! And thanks to YouTube and other vid sharing sites we can share our creations!

Personally I'd prefer a hybrid that was dedicated for optimium vids and stills, and scrap the fluff! Use the storage space for better features for vids and stills! More manual controls, optical zoom, internal editing. Sanyo leans more towards that, but room for improvement there too!

But even with the lower end "20 in 1" hybrids with below average image quality for $60, people can still capture great moments and have a lot of fun, and really, thats what its all about! And seeing stuff like your road clip does inspire people to try different things!

Old Aug 9, 2007, 4:33 AM   #5

MorePixals ; you hit the nail on the Head:|

thanks for the kind words?

OOPs sorry too dark on the keyboard
Old Aug 9, 2007, 9:15 AM   #6

Quote:
But even with the lower end "20 in 1" hybrids with below average image quality for $60, people can still capture great moments and have a lot of fun, and really, thats what its all about!
I couldn't agree more. You know what is funny? I paid $50 for my Aiptek IS-DV2. So that falls under the category you're talking about. Last weekend I bought a Sanyo Xacti CG6. It is a great camera, HIGHLY superior to the Aiptek. Yet I've found myself still carrying around the Aiptek for my day-to-day life. The reason? I feel uncomfortable carrying around a $300 camera just for the sake of having a camera with me. If the aiptek should be destroyed, I haven't lost much. Yet at the same time, the Aiptek is capable of capturing most anything as long as it isn't dark outside.

Perfect example of a missed opportunity - My wife and I went out to eat with my parents the other day. We rode in their car. I didn't bring any camera. We ended up seeing a traffic accident where a car flipped upside down on the highway and landed in a ditch upside down with the passengers trapped inside because of the way the ditch perfectly cupped the top of the car. We stopped, as the highway was blocked from the other car and so did several dozen other people. Soon the car was surrounded by people trying to figure out how to get these folks out. Sure, there was no way I could have been prepared with the camera to catch the initial crash. But the aftermath was still very interesting and I stood there thinking the whole time "I wish I had brought a camera - ANY camera." The aiptek would have been great. Eventually people started to move around the car in the highway by going on the shoulder. You could hear sirens in the distance then my parents decided there was nothing to see here and we left. Had it been me, I would have probably had the aiptek or at minimum a $20 digital camera in the car with me and could have taken some kind of photographs. I would have stayed and video'd the whole thing.

I sort of consider the Aiptek cameras to be toys, but when I was in highschool (early 1990's) something like my Aiptek would have been considered a miracle device. I would have taken so many videos of my school years! As it stands all I have is whatever somebody else decided was good to go into the official yearbook. That is sad, isn't it?
adric22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2007, 9:35 AM   #7

adric22, same boat here! Have the CG6, smokes my aiptek in every way, yet I too grab the aiptek more often then not for the same reasons as you. You really have to hand it to Aiptek, whether they planned it that way or not, they have created great cameras for a specific market and sub culture too! I consider my aiptek as a disposable, yet definitely worthy of regular usage! And not just the aipteks either, I seen samples on this forums from brands I would never buy, yet the sample clips were interesting, and obvious that the creators had a lot of fun making them!

Man these camera's would have been a godsend if they were around when I was in high school (70's!). heheh, yup old fart here but young at heart! If we had these hybrids in HS when I was in HS, it would have truly been a trip in every aspect of the word! SO I envy the kids that have them now! And its great to see them put to such good use too!

These cameras and youtube provide a excellent way to express yourself to the world!
Old Aug 9, 2007, 1:11 PM   #8

LMAO Morepixals. may have me by a year or two, vica-verca?

I trust my old Olympus for digital shots?

I take along, one of the hybrids, the aiptek, mustek, and now catering the casio?

I became so used to the side record type of hybrid, and now have to get used to the back/foward record casio?

I also have missed out on those shots, recent one a few months back was a Bear in the parking lot, but did not have or was directed correctly of where he/she was?

The Qeen Mary 2 at early mourning?

being a passanger in the back of the car, Missing a shot that went by too fast, mind was in action, body was slow (LOL)

Taking short film shots under 7 secs , realy cannot get enough info or view of shot?

Being of a solo Person driving it is super hard, and the Aiptek GO is not capable, nor the auto focus on the casio to capture correctly?

I am interested in knowing , since in my vid, a wide angle lens can be adapted or if made, this would close the deal out for sure? Remember seeing for my Olympus d360 at one time such a device attached over the lense wonder if casio or other aftermarket companies thought of this?

I enjoy the moments and always am happy posting my shots, wished I also had this years ago, memories is all I have in my mindLOL:|

Old Aug 9, 2007, 1:26 PM   #9

fishycomics, I hope you didn't think I was refering to you when I was talking about kids cause I wasn't. I was referring to the actual kids that probably have more fun with these then us old timers ;-)

I'm being perfectly honest, quality aside, I'm very impressed with some of their clips! Both here and on youtube.

My wife likes to point out that boys never really grow up, may be she is a little right?

Old Aug 9, 2007, 1:59 PM   #10

Quote:
I'm being perfectly honest, quality aside, I'm very impressed with some of their clips! Both here and on youtube.
I'm not. Maybe I'm too picky, but 99% of youtube videos are horrible. Amateurs just expect cameras to work like human eyes. They never take into account even the most basic principles of lighting, focus, etc. I can't count how many youtube videos I have seen where these problems exist:

1) camera is pointed to a close-up object but camera is not in macro mode so object is a blur. Camera operator seems obvlivious.

2) Camera is pointed to subject with bright light source (window, sun, lamp, etc) directly behind or beside them. subject is faded, looks more like a shadow, camera operator seems oblivious.

3) camera is not on tripod and operator shakes camera like they have parkinson's disease or something.

4) Subject is 30 or 40 feet away from camera, speaking to the camera, but the camera's microphone can barely pick it up. it is unbareable to listen to.

5) Video has been highly recompressed 2 or 3 times before uploading to youtube, making it a 3rd or 4th generation copy, very blocky.

I could go on and on. I think these problems account for 99% of youtube videos, and the remaining 1% (which is probably thousands of videos) are actually shot correctly.
adric22 is offline   Reply With Quote