Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Aug 22, 2007, 11:31 AM   #21

The 8600 has a Custom white balance mode. My only real gripe with the camera is red flairs that sometimes appear in videos.
Old HACer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2007, 11:56 AM   #22

ahh, your lucky! Cause WB auto on 8800 is annoying, but no red flairs. Wonderful pics and vids in bright out doors and inside under flouresent lighting.

If it had custom WB and removable battery, this would be a good camera. Just too many little things that add up makes it questionable.
MorePixels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2007, 1:07 PM   #23

http://www.globalsources.com/gsol/I/...37/17820/1.htm

knock your block off and hope you find them it could be shinning

these are the major companies that say they are aiptek - or is it anotehr company ranger LOL
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2007, 9:51 AM   #24

..hello everyone.. im new and this is my first post... yesterday y got the SVP 8800 hybrid camera... im in Panamá so whit the ship and all i got it for 190 bucks...

The camera is all i hoped for... realy good pics & nice video... it really does the red flare thing when it gets hit by direct reflection light but im working on a small polarizing film to change that... all the other features are great... no problems what so ever whit the codecs in windows or editing like other people said.. just get a big codec pack and your ready to go... the only thing is that i havent been able to reproduce .avi files in the camera.. like movies and such... i found that that camera can play mp3 files in the MP3 directory but the files in AVI directory have to be encoded in mpg4 video codec and mpg2 audio to play correctly.... :?that is kind of confusing.. im trying to get a program that changes only the audio compresion on a video file from mpg3 to mpg2... if someone know any please let me know..

today im taking videos in my Taekwondo Academy so ill post them later for all to see.. thanks... !
Oblideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2007, 9:58 AM   #25

Welcome to the forum!

Could you please tell me how you make out with indoor incadesent lighting? I may have a bad unit because mine poduces worse results under this lighting. Too much yellow and green.

Outside and under floresent lights it does very good!

Thx

MorePixels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2007, 10:13 AM   #26

...likewise in indoor incandecent light the balance is forall i can say really off... it´s too blue and it gets worst if you got low light condition... better to go whit the normal setting... i have tested most of the other aspects and there are pretty cool.. the videos are really good color... im pretty glad whit the buy...
Oblideon is offline   Reply With Quote