Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Aug 11, 2007, 9:34 AM   #1

loss of tripods?

I may have taken my tripods out and I remember saying yeah I'll take them in later, I am sure I did, so last fri, I went looking and cannot find them. today I just swept the whole house over wit ha finetooth comb no where to be found

I normally leave them in front on top of the pc they are portable foldables 20.00 per each

1 is black and broken the leg keeps falling off, the other is silver and newer just felt likeit leaned a lil.

so it is not bad for 20.00 i only need to get one. just sad that i was not careful, or becoming forgetful at times LOL

only thing I can say is do not leave anythingeven a crumbthey'll takethat too, anybody

my plants were stolen and now I have to chain them down.

this will lead to a video called LOST LOL
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 11, 2007, 9:54 AM   #2

Is it possible you had a senior moment? I say this in kindness because I noticed I get them more frequantly these days!

I swear I did some thing but find out I didn't even visa versa!

It's weird! Things also disapear on me a lot! I will leave my car keys on the table! I know I did! Yet they mysteriously disapear and reappear in the ignition! Go figure!

Check your trunk, car, closets, etc.
MorePixels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2007, 9:58 AM   #3

I know I had them set up in the back as a casio mpvr and my pro one a few weeks back So I know they're here?

yep wil check my car possably under the seat
Old Aug 11, 2007, 10:12 AM   #4

well 2 plus months later I found my tape measure LMAO

so hopefully by november they'll pop up
Old Aug 11, 2007, 11:34 AM   #5

MorePixels wrote:
Quote:
Is it possible you had a senior moment? I say this in kindness because I noticed I get them more frequantly these days!

I swear I did some thing but find out I didn't even visa versa!

It's weird! Things also disapear on me a lot! I will leave my car keys on the table! I know I did! Yet they mysteriously disapear and reappear in the ignition! Go figure!

Check your trunk, car, closets, etc.

I know all about those 'senior moments' too and it's compounded when you have a 2 year because you never know if it was you or the little one!

It's funny, because until the last few years I was proud that I practically never lost anything. Yet now I have managed to lose things between work and home never to be seen again, which is how I lost my Aiptek IS-DV. I am baffled as I really cannot see how I lost it so I am convinced a wormhole opened up inside my car on the way home and swallowed it That's my story and I'm sticking to it! :lol:

What's worse is that I noticed that I tend to have these kind of moments more in the company of other people ie the classic being "Where's did I park my car". On my own I don't seem to have a problem. I guess I am subconciously relying on the other person to remember. The trouble is my wife is as bad as me and I remember one time that we had a full shopping cart wondering over a large carpark trying to remember where we parked our car LOL We joked we need to stop doing this :lol:

A bit OTT I know, but sometimes it's fun just to not take life seriously sometimes :blah:
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2007, 12:18 PM   #6

not upset iThey're light weight ones that cost 20.00 I will only need to replace one?

Now two stories people do go on theporch andimagine If I ever catch them LOL and that is what I think happened?

Wentto Uiniversal studios in Orland we parked on the gorella sectio, like to say they name their parking spots .Well I never took note or had such a great day a rental, Weheaded back to what was suppose to be where we parked butt he wrong floor wel I told the family , just wait here 0 minutes later i found the car on the wrong floor wrong section , andhad to leave the premises and talk my way in for free. while hmm not owninga cellphone back in 98 LMAO now at the memories but man We did not panic but my pops always upset at the littlest things

My major Tripod has two attachments and i can substitute out it is portable enough to go on a vacation and light weightso yes will look forone when I go for anotehr camera
Old Aug 11, 2007, 1:09 PM   #7

It always hurts when you are victimized, no matter what the value is. You just feel violated. So I hope u find them, if not sorry to hear it happened to you.

When we went to Hawaii several years ago we stopped at a mcdonalds. Instead of going thru the drive thru which had a long line we did some thing stupid. We all went in together leaving over $5000 worth of photography gear in the back seat. We locked the car, and were only gone about 5 minutes, I was the first one back. But thats all it takes! They used a screw driver and hammer and popped the lock open taking almost every thing. Now the equipment we were able to get reinbursted from insurance, but the film (yes film it was a long time ago) was unreplaceable! We lost a lot of the vacation!

The cop told us that its like that all over hawaii, and he was a native too! He said crime is very very high, and they start young too.

We ended up buying a couple of very cheap cameras for the remainder of our vacation. Lesson learned, never take chances, and avoid macdonalds resturants
MorePixels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2007, 1:28 PM   #8

I hear ya?

now this topic is a loss

it is deffently gone , not upset wil replace just one?

Well I also went away had my fav flintstones shirt on hmmm came home and ever since then I could never find that shirt?

also a cassette i made the most perfect one , went in got an upgrade in th car never seen that cassette again, made a dulpicate but notthe same

Palm pilot on lap heard a sound stepped out of the car in snow palm pilot stayed behind I never knew it was gone

but no bigie the smallet or biggestthings do hurt sentimental values on some

last one pc crashs lose all back up files yep i decided to say no back up and lost all my vids LMAO

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Now even certain dvd's made wil lnot open they are copyrighted by old programming LOL but I got a 500 gig mybook and that is what I am doing backing it on there

Old Aug 11, 2007, 9:47 PM   #9

rgvcam wrote:
Quote:
I know all about those 'senior moments' too and it's compounded when you have a 2 year because you never know if it was you or the little one!
Hahah.. When my daughter was 3 she developed a habit of flushing things down the toilet. I had suspected this for some time because I'd be on the other side of the house and hear her flush the toilet repeatedly and she would say "byebye" to it. Everytime I'd go in there and ask and she would deny it. Until one day the toilet stopped up and I couldn't clear it with the plunger or a rotorooter. So I called a plumber and they eventually cleared a bunch of items out of there. Needless to say, we put a stop to that. Who knows what all actually made it to the sewer that I've never found.

Fishycomics - sounds like it is time for some security cameras! I put two of them on my house and connected them to a PC.
adric22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2007, 7:26 AM   #10

LMAO yep I may Just do that One day. they coming down in price but LOL they may justtake that too so in the Window it would go?