Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Aug 11, 2007, 11:21 AM   #1

Hi,
Does anyone have some sample videos from this camera? and any experiences of the camera in fair light conditions. I was thinking of buying one of these to keep in my car just incase situations. I was looking at this or the medion 5 in 1 camera they are both around the same price.
herbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 11, 2007, 11:24 AM   #2

when you say this camera, are we guessing which one? the dv8800 is the MPVR+,PVR model the video sems grainy and a lil lower in lighting

now this other one hmmmmm

check out the sample vids or MorePixels topic he just loaded some samples that are direct downloads

digilife clone

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2007, 11:37 AM   #3

the aiptek 8800 is this one http://www.empiredirect.co.uk/conten...P-DV8800.htm#_
Old Aug 11, 2007, 11:49 AM   #4

MorePixels credited to the video

also located in the sample section and below is a review? I also have some on youtube

PDVR (5MP CMOS)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3MY7RGYB

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=92

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Wi_KpcEXD4c

http://youtube.com/watch?v=piSu8eIy8ts
Old Aug 11, 2007, 11:53 AM   #5

Assuming this is the same as the MPVR version, and it looks like it is, I converted the price to US dollars and it came to around $131 US. IMHO I think that's a little too high for this camera, assuming it delivers the same quality level as the MPVR.

Don't get me wrong, it's not really that bad, just suffers in low light and slightest movement or panning blurs every thing. I think it's a great camera if you can get it for say $80 US or $58 Euro. Its a much better value in that price range!

I'm not fimilar with the other brand, but if it uses a cmos sensor my guess is it will be similar.

Check ebay for better deals, the MPVR+ is the same as the DV8800 (I think).
MorePixels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2007, 12:05 PM   #6

MorePixels wrote:
Quote:
Assuming this is the same as the MPVR version, and it looks like it is, I converted the price to US dollars and it came to around $131 US. IMHO I think that's a little too high for this camera, assuming it delivers the same quality level as the MPVR.

Don't get me wrong, it's not really that bad, just suffers in low light and slightest movement or panning blurs every thing. I think it's a great camera if you can get it for say $80 US or $58 Euro. Its a much better value in that price range!

I'm not fimilar with the other brand, but if it uses a cmos sensor my guess is it will be similar.

Check ebay for better deals, the MPVR+ is the same as the DV8800 (I think).
I wish it was really $2 to £1 here, we have tax of 17.5% and then normally pay more on top, the press quote it as Rip off Britian. It generally works out we pay generally 2/3 of the price you pay i.e $100 item is approx £66-70. for example your PS3 is around $499 we pay £424 with 2 games. Or the aiptek go-hd is around $249 in the US the cheapest i can get it here is £220 with a 2 SD card which is around £10.
Old Aug 11, 2007, 12:11 PM   #7

the DV8800 is the UK version they will not show a MPVR+ or PVR over by you unles you have simular stores like bestbuy and target?

now you were the 1st t o have recieved the dv8800 and the price should have been set at a lower range. we had to wait for a good 6 plus months but we were lucky they changed their selling point and gave us first crack at the Go-HD

You may be better off lookingfor Ispan digi life and other brands ofsimular interests? I say the DV6800 or even the Z series

Morepixels you are rightthe 8800 is the MPVR+
Old Aug 11, 2007, 1:33 PM   #8

Thanks for the replies i've think i'll wait even the cheap kodaks and fuji's are around £60-80 here. Ebay was must use as the model numbers are different here its hard to choose. I'll use my old canon a70 as a just in case camera.