Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Aug 11, 2007, 9:37 PM   #1

I was looking on ebay and came across this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Aiptek-iCam-Digi...QQcmdZViewItem

It looks a lot like an IS-DV2, but it claims to do 720x480. I went to Aiptek's website, but there is no mention of the device anywhere. Not even in the support section where it shows previous models no longer sold.

Any ideas where this unit came from?
adric22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 12, 2007, 2:40 AM   #2

Aiptek has 'store models' for its largest retailers. The Icam (a.k.a. ISDV2+) is sold by Best Buy for $87.99.
Old HACer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2007, 6:21 AM   #3

Aiptek is a,most like the Pocket dv t300

see Aiptek.de

these models are the same camera. they started out like the Aiptek Is-dv2 and became available first in the UK, then they offered the [email protected] gunsmoke for 11900 RGVCAM, he pointed this out, in his region.

Soon became available to me in my area, then the y drastically dropped the price from 119 to 89-and raised back to 109.00

Now Aiptek released the Icam in BB, and the IS-DV2, and IS-DV2+ in wallgreens

they can be minipulated from 5.6 meg - to- 12 meg here in the USA, and come in a few colors besides gunsmoke metal my favorite, and white, they also come in pink, and other colors

Aiptekusa is having a sale 79.00 IS-DV, IS-DV2+ 119.00, IS-DV2.4 129.

and in blue, andalso red and a swival. so that means LOOK OUT a NEW MODEL IN a Store?

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2007, 9:23 AM   #4

Old HACer wrote:
Quote:
Aiptek has 'store models' for its largest retailers. The Icam (a.k.a. ISDV2+) is sold by Best Buy for $87.99.
You know, I only just noticed the white one is called an ICAM and not the ISDV2 once you pointed this out!

Talking of Best buy I noticed they finally have a link to do reviews just like Circuit city.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2007, 10:30 AM   #5

Speaking of IS-DV2's

Is the only difference between the DV2 and DV2+ the swivel screen?

Or are there other differences worth noting?

MorePixels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2007, 10:36 AM   #6

MorePixels:

the IS-DV was the 1st stabilization hybrid then the MPVR is the second.

They Introduced the IS-DV2 5.6 megapixals 3 meg default

Overseas came out wit the Z series i want to say the models butI think they're changing names

they came out with the swival over in Germany and were 5 meg non swival 8 meg swival 9 meg, 1 or 12 meg swival

they just released the IS-DV+, and now the IS-DV+2.4

the swivals are not available at thismoment , but as we speak Aiptek.com displays at 129 and take 20.00 off that is the price

just helping out.....
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2007, 10:58 AM   #7

business must be good for aiptek to have so many models!

Any way what is your favorite hybrid, any brand, the one you like most and use most or rate best.

I see you have the gohd and casio, but have no idea which u use more or like best or may be some other model?

May be we should start a new thread "My Favorite" where we can all post with samples and why we like our pick?

Not to invite arguements or debates, but it may help noobies, and also all of us to understand whats out there and what most are using and why?

MorePixels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2007, 9:26 AM   #8

I noticed the I-Cam (at least in the ebay auction) is supposed to have 720x480 resolution, otherwise known as D1. It also claims 8 MP.. although is really a 5 MP sensor.

Does anyone have any guess as to whether the video quality will be better than the IS-DV2 that I have (which has a 3 MP sensor and does 640x480 video)

My wife keeps pestering me to give my Aiptek to this co-worker of hers who needs a digital camera/camcorderbut has no money to buy one. She thinks I don't need it after buying the Sanyo. I am reluctant to do so, because then I'd want another cheap hybrid again. So I keep looking around for either a cheap hybrid to just buy the lady or one to replace my IS-DV2. Not sure which is the best route. I'm worried that the I-Cam will have even worse low-light performance due to the higher megapixels.
Old Oct 15, 2007, 3:55 AM   #9

The iCam 2.4 sold by best buy (on sale for $80) looks like the IS-DV2.4 except it has a white case. The model number on the camera itself is AIPTEK DZO-V50. The manual says it supports SD cards up to 2GB but the IS-DV2.4 claims to support up to 4GB.
The part number on the manua l is 82-418-00041-000v1.0 (two models, 6 megapixels or 8 megapixels, inflated).

I am working on a review.
whitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2007, 9:38 AM   #10

That's cool that you are working on a review. I'd like to see some sample videos.