Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Aug 13, 2007, 2:23 PM   #1

here is a vid sample just a panning,and the camcorder, i have some other vid shots with the hybrids but I tell ya, I ran back got my moeny in hand

did a review and well it was good-and-bad

I have some footage , and was amazed on how i gott he whole road in. but I am in need of a new windshield LMAO pitted and stoned?

it realy is amazing when you see thewhole road, now I even placed it in a different position, andloved it. But

the problem was the partswere made wit hplastic threding and tht was the reason for a return a.s.a.p.

the plastic threads striped withn the 1st try, I am happy it did when it did?

As I drove it turned this was with my casio, it can hold up to 1.5 pounds. the worse partwhen ever I went pass 20 mpg LOL it was bouncy. so I am in need of a more professional one

http://media.putfile.com/tripod-mountvid

This is by panivison, it may work but I believe my angle may be a lil to steep in the car, and tht would be a modification for me . Simple to add an extention. I have seen some footage ofanother model andwell it may bebestto get a heavier one for these Purposes?

if it is going to have that long pole or extention I should have known it would shake. I do rate this fbeing good andjsut that not worth a reinvestment. thanx

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 13, 2007, 3:04 PM   #2

Very interesting. What do you use this for, exactly? Do you just let the camera record every car trip you make?

I was thinking about something like that recently. My idea was to use one of those cheap $50 composite security cameras and mount it in the front of my car. There is some spcae on my car where it is supposed to have fog lights, but were left out because mine was the cheap model. I could put a camera there. But the view would be very low. If I had an SUV or truck or something with a rack on top, I'd probably fix the camera to that so it gets a nice view. You'd need a 12V voltage regulator, but essentially the camera could be powered by car. Then you'd just need something to record the video on. An Aiptek MPVR+ would probably work (although from experience, it only really records 320x240 from composite input) so who knows.
adric22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2007, 3:33 PM   #3

I thought the MPVr is 640x480 av input? hmmmm

I like to record video my job brings me to different places? s having one is helpful if not i am sure you gave me that idea on the roof rack but a rock gets hold of it it's over

probaly a home made job wood and two doels into the head rest be a more secure feal? Idea hits me LOL

Old Aug 13, 2007, 5:11 PM   #4

Well, the MPVR+ pretends to record at 640x480. but during the week that I had one, I did extensive testing with this and discovered quite quickly that it didn't. Perhaps it does 640 pixels across, but it is only 240 up and down. Essentially that is how they solved the interlacing problem, just cut the second field out completely. It probably takes too much CPU power for it to process the two seperate fields. This is probably fine if you are going to record spongebob from a videocassette or DVD or something for your kid to watch in the car. But for what I wanted, it wasn't good enough.

Although, I've been tempted to buy another MPVR+ because I've seen some going on ebay very cheap.(under $50) I think the indoor video quality on the MPVR+ I had was slightly better than the IS-DV2 that I have. Plus the video input is a nice feature, even if it is only 320x240.
adric22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2007, 5:20 PM   #5

It makes sense , that the MPVr series i may be just that? troubles are synch issus on live video, andaswel las recorded tv shows? at some point you'll be currupted with Win moviemaker, and a reset in firmware corrects this?

I am aware and happy with the MPVR series of av input. grab a show andtransfer to the mp3 player/mp4 in m pocket and listening to the show?