Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Aug 14, 2007, 9:52 PM   #1

Firstly I just want to say "hello"; I'm new here and all of this seems daunting. I see there seem to be many experts here, so go easy on me. My apologies if I failed to follow proper procedures or anything like that.

Ok, so I just received my brand new Aiptek Go-HD. Everything seems to be working fine with the exception of the memory card. I went out and bought two SandDisk 2GB cards today. The problem is whenever I try either of them when the camcorder is on everything freezes. When I try putting them in when it's off, when I do turn it on it boots to a black screen where I'm frozen. I tried formatting both via my computer (because I can't get to the formatting section via the camera due to the freezing). I've contacted tech support, but to no avail I've also tried an old 64MB card, which remarkably did not freeze up on me, but says "Card Protected". If anyone has any information, please, if you could help me out that would be phenomenal.
ll Dylan ll is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 14, 2007, 10:18 PM   #2

It sounds very much like you may have a faulty device. As it is new, I just wouldn't take any chances with it and exchange it for a new one since you said three different cards all seem to malfunction in the device.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2007, 10:53 PM   #3

Thanks for the reply. :sad: That's exactly what I feared. If anyone else has more information that would be great. They said it would take around a month to get back to me.
Old Aug 14, 2007, 11:10 PM   #4

ll Dylan ll wrote:
Quote:
Thanks for the reply. :sad: That's exactly what I feared. If anyone else has more information that would be great. They said it would take around a month to get back to me.
A month? Who did you buy it from and where are you located?
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2007, 1:59 AM   #5

Well, my cousin bought it off of bestbuy.com then returned it to the store and puchased it using his discount. I then in turn bought it from him, but tech support said if I can't return it somehow I could ship it to Aiptek and they'll get it back in 3-4 weeks.

I'm located in Long Island, New York.
Old Aug 15, 2007, 3:37 AM   #6

welcome Dill. I pm'd ya

now depending on a sd card is it fat32 or standard? try the other way. I had luck with the sandisk, and it was 4 gig sdhc

it may be a currupted Bios

1 DId theperson give itto you sealed? or you purchased from him or her under good faith?

ifso I go back to that store and stand your ground

BB is being Pushy

I try another BB and nicely tel the to order a new one and have them return it to Aiotek
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2007, 11:17 AM   #7

There is a more shady way of solving this problem, but some times we have no other choice!

Simply go to any store that has this unit and buy it! Then come home try it out, if it works, return your bad one to the store you just bought the new one.

Please I know this is not 100% straight up, but hey, it works for many products and stores.

MorePixels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2007, 11:54 AM   #8

MoreP.. that is why I pm'd LOL

swapping is a fster way. the HD is not in any USA store I know of? it is all a online Purchase, and a walk in return losing the shipping Fees

may one day possably be a 15% restocking fee
Old Aug 15, 2007, 12:20 PM   #9

well I thought he had a better chance being in NYC, worth a shot. Yes there can be a 15% restocking fee. What a rip! And you loose shipping too. But if every thing is still packaged pretty good I just sat it was a returned gift, no more questions. I hate doing that, but some times there is no other alternative or other alternatives less attractive.
MorePixels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2007, 12:52 PM   #10

my Pm was to the person. go back to BB and nott he one hewent to. give a smile, and you get a refund

since i am an Apple :GI know the routine and where this person most likely went?

they are nice but hementioned

recieving itwith a discounted coupon etc it makes it a lil harder.

store credit thank you.

they place an order give him or her a new onewhen recieved to thestore or to their house?

We agree swap route?