Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Aug 15, 2007, 9:17 PM   #1

Just ran across this on ebay, a Fujila hybrid with a 11MP claim (5MP actual size).
That can't be by Fuji Film? But they even make a point to cliam "Made In Japan".
Full of decieving cliams, HD, 11MP, Brand name rip, etc.
Any one ever see this one before? It looks like a clone job to me.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-JAPAN-FUJILA...em180146567575
MorePixels is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 16, 2007, 4:43 AM   #2

they are not it saysFugila not fuji

but Polaroid gottheirs so it may be possable if they use the name andtheyare fugi then it is fugi but it is like off by a few characters

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2007, 9:29 AM   #3

Looks like it is based off of the same Aiptek design and philosphy.
adric22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2007, 9:35 AM   #4

I know they said Fujila *not* Fuji, my point was that they are not Fuji, they are obviously trying to pass themselves off as Fuji, even added "Made In Japan" on their page. That and the HD cliaim, 11MP, bla, bla, bla. I felt it was newsworthy.

I think a lot of people will think it's a new Fuji 11MP HD camera.

Old Aug 16, 2007, 11:14 AM   #5

Of course, if it really IS made in Japan, then it stands a chance of having higher quality than the Aipteks and other cheap chinese products. Typically Japanese manufacturers are known for not cutting costs on parts as much and for having better quality control.

I agree with you on the name issue, though. If it weren't a digital camera, the name wouldn't be a big deal. If they were a brand of clothes or kitchen utensils, nobody would think anything of it. It would be like me starting up a car manufacturer and calling it "Fordus" or "Hondalus" or something like that.

I'm sure the 11 MP thing is a lie, no doubt. It is getting pretty sad. Used to manufacturers would only use the interpolation lie to try for a 20% nudge or something on their specs. But since everybody is doing it now, the feel they have to beat out the other guys.. so now they are using it for a 220% marketed increase in resolution. At this rate, by 2010 we'll be seeing 5 MP cameras marketed as 100 MP.

Honestly, though.. it doesn't bother me much because I know when I look at a camera like that, that it is a lie. I see right through it. I make my purchasing decision based on the real capabilities. The only thing that frustrates me is that other buyers might very well fall for that lie. It makes it tough for companies like Canon and Sony to market their cameras to consumers without lying about the resolution. But for me, as we've discussed before, if they feel they need 12 MP specifications to sell a camera, I'd rather it be interpolated because I'd honestly prefer a camera with a 3MP sensor so that it has better light performance and less noise. And as I never use more than3 MP when taking pictures, that works out fine for me.
adric22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2007, 12:29 PM   #6

hd-viio hmm would that mean high definition, while the info says dvd- quality and in 640x480 fprmat

now we may compare to the Go at 1480x720 16:9 widescren is it?

I have emailed a member hoping to recieve a reply

I awoken early and yes never read fugi on there
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2007, 3:26 PM   #7

it's exact copy of my two years-old Genius G-shot DV1110 (and other rebrands of it by Digilife and others) with crappy CMOS sensor and poor low light performance.
Piterplus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2007, 8:07 PM   #8

Here is there website: www.fujila.com(surprise surprise!) I can't find anything that tells you where they are based though.

You know I thought Japan cracked down on the Interpolationscam sometime back, because mainstream companies like Fuji used to do this as well and they said it was misleading customers. This makes me wonder if this was really made in Japan as well.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2007, 8:22 PM   #9

Well if they really are in Japan, and I seriously doubt it, mabe the sensor was made in japann but thats probably all, rest "assembled in China" is my guess, any way if by some chance they are in Japan, I'm sure Fuji will have some thing to say to them about this.

This is such a classic example of deceiption though. I know none of us would fall for it, but consider the average consumer looking for a bargan. They see Fujila, and automatically associate it with Fuji. They see 11MP and believe it really is 11MP! They see HD and think, WOW, a 11MP Fuji Camera!

I just can't see this coming out of Japan. It is sad we see this sort of marketing.